Fishy Framed Wall Art

dennyk

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a few pictures of what I have hanging on the walls of my basement man cave. Sorry about the glare, couldn't do anything about that.

Steelhead

Cutthroat, Brown, Rainbow & Brook Trout

This is a print I digitized back when I was in the printing trade roughly 16x20 reduced down to Stamp size for one of Michigan's trout stamps in the mid 1980's.

Seems like I'm never in a snorky mood when I glance up and get a glimpse of these pictures, they are hung just outside my fly tying room.

Denny

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Here is what I have hanging on the walls:
My first wife made this small fly fishing quilt for me:

Here is a 3-D metal art piece that my son made for me for Christmas a few years ago:

A metal art trout I made:

and another:

A guide in Alaska did this ink drawing for a charity:

My Wyoming Cutt Slam:

Me with a big Rainbow:

duker

Reaction score
Wow--impressive stuff guys. This thread is drool-worthy.

Larry, I think I recognize that last picture. Oh, and congrats on the cutthroat grand slam.

Scott

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Hey Denny, A couple from my fly tying area.

Master Of Streamers, by Scott Seekins given to me by Scott.

This one was a gift to me by Itchmesir last time we went fishing, he surprised me and said dude this is you. I love it!
Artist Jake Keeler.

We also have a few given to us by George Morrison. One of my favorites titled Ice Jam A lot of his work was Lake Superior horizon lines.

Last edited:

lightline

Reaction score
20190125_105328.jpg
This is an oil painting given to me as a teenager when I went off to college, not that I'm a hoarder or anything!

20190125_104937.jpg
This is a print from artist Zach Even, of Lander WY.

20190125_105053.jpg
From one of my clients when I guided in the Keys

20190125_105129.jpg
Clock on my wall. I have malignant tarpon fever.

20190125_105254.jpg
This covers the window on the entrance door. The colors and brightness constantly change with the light on its southern exposure. My wife is a quilter, so I have all kinds of fishy print stuff on bed spreads, blankets, curtains/blinds, upholstry, etc.

dennyk

Reaction score
Thought I better add one more, not a fish picture, but the place the fish I sometimes catch reside.
My wife made this for me out of small fabric patches and gave it to me as a Christmas gift a couple years ago. Again sorry about the glare.

Denny

al_a

Reaction score
View attachment 15076
This is an oil painting given to me as a teenager when I went off to college, not that I'm a hoarder or anything!

View attachment 15077
This is a print from artist Zach Even, of Lander WY.

View attachment 15078
From one of my clients when I guided in the Keys

View attachment 15080
Clock on my wall. I have malignant tarpon fever.

View attachment 15081
This covers the window on the entrance door. The colors and brightness constantly change with the light on its southern exposure. My wife is a quilter, so I have all kinds of fishy print stuff on bed spreads, blankets, curtains/blinds, upholstry, etc.
Glad you like that bottom one...that's my artwork on it!

lightline

Reaction score
Cool. Small world, who knew? I think this pattern came from the quilt shop in Pinedale, WY. She has found other fishy prints in Cody and West Yellowstone too. This one is my favorite, and we bought several yards of it.
I have it on a bed spread in my camper too. Hope you got a royalty or something.IMGP1758.jpg

peaks2creeks

Reaction score
There is an artist on Instagram that i have been following for a while and a couple of months ago i contacted her to see if she would do a custom piece, based on my ideas. She took my concept and pictures and incorporated them into the below drawing. Beyond cool. The mountains are from my local Ski Resort, one of my favorite hiking zones, it has my dog, and just tons of other small details only I know about. This will be framed and hung in my office very soon.

I also have some stretched canvas prints of some of my favorite fish i have been lucky enough to catch, i will try and get a picture once all are up on the wall...

jc10

Reaction score
Really enjoying posts in this thread, keep 'em comin' .......... very inspiring!

jc10

Reaction score
Hi jc10 & welcome to this forum!

Denny
Thanks very much, Denny. It's great to be here, especially as a "newbie" to fly fishing. It took me a while to get here (let's just say that my Dad was a WWII Vet - US Navy Seabees) and I'm looking forward to tons of enjoyment (fish or no fish) on the water in 2019.

dennyk

Reaction score
Thanks very much, Denny. It's great to be here, especially as a "newbie" to fly fishing. It took me a while to get here (let's just say that my Dad was a WWII Vet - US Navy Seabees) and I'm looking forward to tons of enjoyment (fish or no fish) on the water in 2019.
jc10, don't be shy about asking questions-lots of good helpful folks here! My dad was WWII vet as well, Army Air Force. Thanks to them for their service!

Denny

al_a

Reaction score
Cool. Small world, who knew? I think this pattern came from the quilt shop in Pinedale, WY. She has found other fishy prints in Cody and West Yellowstone too. This one is my favorite, and we bought several yards of it.
I have it on a bed spread in my camper too. Hope you got a royalty or something.View attachment 15109
Yep, I get royalties on them. I had to make sure that it wasn't a company ripping off my artwork, though...my wife keeps track of who we license the work to, so I had to ask her if this was a company that we were working with! My fish designs tend to get used without my permission a lot.

Interestingly, this company combined a number of my paintings into the various images. The central catch and release image was taken exactly from a t shirt design I did a long time ago. The brown trout in the upper right was from one of my paintings with no modifications except cropping. But the brown in the upper left and the two rainbows were taken from one design and put into the background of another. And the "schools" of trout in the corners were actually done by another good fish artist, Mark Sussinno.

Now you know more about your piece!

JDR

Reaction score
"...Interestingly, this company combined a number of my paintings into the various images."

I don't mean to be rude, but why would you allow someone to modify the content of your work? Do you copyright your work?

lightline

Reaction score
Yep, I get royalties on them. I had to make sure that it wasn't a company ripping off my artwork, though...my wife keeps track of who we license the work to, so I had to ask her if this was a company that we were working with! My fish designs tend to get used without my permission a lot.

Interestingly, this company combined a number of my paintings into the various images. The central catch and release image was taken exactly from a t shirt design I did a long time ago. The brown trout in the upper right was from one of my paintings with no modifications except cropping. But the brown in the upper left and the two rainbows were taken from one design and put into the background of another. And the "schools" of trout in the corners were actually done by another good fish artist, Mark Sussinno.

Now you know more about your piece!
Thanks! That's great to know. The rest of the story! I'd love to know where I can see more of your artwork, and projects that use your art.