Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fenwick Customer Service?

I sent this email to their CS on January 19 and received confirmation of them receiving it. Then all went dead
    Anyone else have better luck?
    (I deleted personal info for here)

Thank you for your inquiry.

This email confirms we received your message. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.

Name: peter ......

Email:..... @outlook.com

Phone: 604 ....

Order Number:

What is your question about?: Other

Comment: MODEL # HMG905-4 Hi, I have the above fly rod and was wondering if it's possible to buy a spare tip section for it. If so, how much are they. Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fenwick Customer Service?

I tried but failed awhile back, either by phone or email.

Denny

Blog Entries

Last year I made an uncharacteristic post to a thread in which I called out Hardy USA for blowing me off. At the time Fenwick and Hardy were both Pure holdings and my experience in general since Pure bought them up has been poor. I took particular umbrage to the complete lack of service because I had a professional account with Hardy prior to the acquisition and was the only guide in South Central AK. outfitting with Hardy rods and reels.

I'm not one to jump on a band wagon and bash tackle companies but those who have been around a while may remember that when I joined here I used Hardyreels as my user name. I was so miffed that phone calls and e-mails went unanswered that I changed my screen name to Ard and bought enough Sage tackle to outfit with.

There is obviously a problem and I would love to see it resolved however when there seems to be no means to notify the other party (phone & e-mail) I have no idea how to proceed. Hell I was even left hanging by the Pure / Hardy rep here on an order I made! It never came, no call no nothing. Not something I am happy to report but true.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by dennyk View Post
    I tried but failed awhile back, either by phone or email.

Denny
    Apparently "repeat" clientele is not their business model

5. Likes dennyk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Last year I made an uncharacteristic post to a thread in which I called out Hardy USA for blowing me off. At the time Fenwick and Hardy were both Pure holdings and my experience in general since Pure bought them up has been poor. I took particular umbrage to the complete lack of service because I had a professional account with Hardy prior to the acquisition and was the only guide in South Central AK. outfitting with Hardy rods and reels.

I'm not one to jump on a band wagon and bash tackle companies but those who have been around a while may remember that when I joined here I used Hardyreels as my user name. I was so miffed that phone calls and e-mails went unanswered that I changed my screen name to Ard and bought enough Sage tackle to outfit with.

There is obviously a problem and I would love to see it resolved however when there seems to be no means to notify the other party (phone & e-mail) I have no idea how to proceed. Hell I was even left hanging by the Pure / Hardy rep here on an order I made! It never came, no call no nothing. Not something I am happy to report but true.
    That almost sounds like internal company sabotage. Sad state of affairs.

I'm experiencing similar lack of service from my auto dealer. A $30 dollar part fell off my car and I wanted them to replace it under warranty (I'm within the time limit) and they are reluctant to do that.
    I told them to consider the $30 part in reference to the thousands I will be spending on regular maintenance over my years of future car ownership and get back to me (haven't heard back either)

Blog Entries

I don't know the cause but there is a point where I begin to feel that future requests for a reply put me in the position of groveling. There are so many fish in the sea that groveling is not required.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

8. Likes westcoast, vaheelsfan liked this post

I had so many problems with my BMW 2002 back in 1976 that I refused to buy BMW again. Now after buying only Mercedes and Lexus autos for the next 30 years, BMW has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales from me because they did not fix an issue on my first BMW. Mercedes and Lexus has never failed to support their dealers or customer when I have had an issue. Happy customers are repeat customers.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

10. Likes westcoast liked this post

This is disappointing, but I appreciate the warning implicit in this thread. I was considering buying a Hardy or Fenwick rod, but after reading this, prices would have to drop so low that I would be happy to buy the rods without any warranty or customer service. I have only made a few warranty claims over the years, but I've had only good experiences so far (with Orvis, Redington, and TFO) so I will continue to buy from them and other companies that have good reputations for customer service.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    This is disappointing, but I appreciate the warning implicit in this thread. I was considering buying a Hardy or Fenwick rod, but after reading this, prices would have to drop so low that I would be happy to buy the rods without any warranty or customer service. I have only made a few warranty claims over the years, but I've had only good experiences so far (with Orvis, Redington, and TFO) so I will continue to buy from them and other companies that have good reputations for customer service.
    I'm not saying the rods or reels weren't good, what happened is that came to be a complete disconnect on their part. As I wrote earlier even the Rep just left me hanging, never got back to me after I ordered a reel, just nothing...….

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    I'm not saying the rods or reels weren't good, what happened is that came to be a complete disconnect on their part. As I wrote earlier even the Rep just left me hanging, never got back to me after I ordered a reel, just nothing...….
    That was exactly the way I interpreted your post. I think Hardy makes very nice gear, but I've heard enough reports about subpar service that I am inclined to stick with companies I know will stand behind their products.

14. Likes Ard liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast