Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  277
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Default Re: Are there affordable trout-bum towns left?

Progression is not a positively nor negatively loaded term, simply the inevitability of continuous change.

If you meet a woman at a boat ramp she is going out with a guide and so, not a bum. And you, unshaven and having worn the same fishing shirt for 5 days with chili and beer stains on it may not be her idea of a prospective date.

Quote Originally Posted by rustneversleeps View Post
    #2). Your idea of a blind date involves meeting a woman at a boat launch.

Signs that You Might be a Trout Bum - You Might be a Trout Bum If..
    I enjoyed that article! My wife has to do a visual check for trout flies before jumping into the passenger seat of my truck...she almost always has to remove one or more flies from the cup holder before placing her drink into it. And, every now and then I find a fly stuck into a freshly laundered shirt hanging in my closet...she refuses to remove flies before throwing my clothes into the washer She loves me in spite of it all....and always giggles when she finds a fly lying somewhere in a car or the house.
    MIKE ADAIR - Exploring New Mexico landscapes through fly fishing, golf, and art.
    @mka133

3. Likes lacanadio liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    Progression is not a positively nor negatively loaded term, simply the inevitability of continuous change.

If you meet a woman at a boat ramp she is going out with a guide and so, not a bum. And you, unshaven and having worn the same fishing shirt for 5 days with chili and beer stains on it may not be her idea of a prospective date.
    If you are thinking about the woman at the boat ramp and not the fish in the river, I would argue you aren't a trout bum anyways haha

mka, I recently sold my old fish car, a 1995 VW Passat GLX Wagon with manual tranny. The buyer said, "What are these, fishing lures?" There were a handful of flies lodged between the rear window and the vinyl clad interior trim.

You guys are too easy on your flies. I always keep all mine locked up in little boxes.

Also, I have cats and it isn't a good think to leave them around to be played with.
    My best vacation is your worst nightmare. After all, it's only really fun if it is at least Type 2 fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    mka, I recently sold my old fish car, a 1995 VW Passat GLX Wagon with manual tranny. The buyer said, "What are these, fishing lures?" There were a handful of flies lodged between the rear window and the vinyl clad interior trim.
    haha...they go into cracks everywhere. Sylvia actually finds some good flies for me...there is one pattern that I can only find at a local fly shop so I'm very happy when she finds one of those
    MIKE ADAIR - Exploring New Mexico landscapes through fly fishing, golf, and art.
    @mka133

Last edited by FlyTierant; 03-16-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314