Allen Fly Fishing Vest Pack

boser

Reaction score
Hello All,

Hopefully not everyone got 4 inches of wet snow last night. We got pounded here in Iowa. Anyway, I bought a very nice Vest Pack Fly Vest from Justin and I picked up a 1.5 liter Camelback hydrator last night at BPS. I,m wondering if any of you have one of his vests and just what pouch on the pack the hydration bladder would best fit. My vest is in the camper and I was just asking first before I travel to get it....

It is a really great vest, I hope to use it a few more times before winter really hits us hard. Justin if your out there, hello to you and Courtney..

Best Regards, Boser

cattech89

Reaction score
Hello Boser, glad you got the pack. Please give us a full review as soon as you can. I am interested in this pack maybe sometime in the future. For now the pack I have will suffice.

Btw, no snow here. Still blue skies and 70 deg.:D However, there is a ominous chill in the air......as much as I love fall I am looking forward to winter. Just not working in it.......:eek::rolleyes:

boser

Reaction score
Seth, A quick review, the Vest/Pak is really comfortable. I dont sweat in it like I have in other vests that cover more of your body. The front pockets are hard sided so you dont crush fly's that you can put in there on a soft foam pad. Really handy. The pak can be taken off very easily as it's held on by Velcro then you can travel very light and quick.....with just the vest.There are many, many loops so you can attach tools, tipet, etc so they are handy. There are many pockets and little hide away pockets within the zippered pockets. Heck I could get comfused of where I put things. Ha! The material and zippers are very rugged. I may actually get many more years service out of this vest than I have in the past with others. Oh, did I mention it is relitively light.

I'll let you know about the hydrator and how it works.

Regards, Boser

boser

Reaction score
The hydrator fits in the pocket located in the second zipper pouch in the back pack. Then in threads through some loops on the left over your shoulder and his real handy. There is a set of zippers that you can unzip to expand the back pack if you stuff it too full. Really a very nice Vest/Pack. For the money really a bargain. I am very,very pleased with this vest.

Boser