Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  94
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Time on the Water: How much and how do you manage it?

I fish a lot, as much as I can. While I’m not loosing jobs or girlfriends over it anymore, I’ve made a few decisions that have helped somewhat.

I need money to fish so I better work. There’s always chores so that will be there when I get back.

Procrastination is the fly fishers friend just actually someday get enough work done so you can fish more later or make it seem like you did stuff to please the wife and make sure you hit the truck before she investigates.

It’s better just to accept and hide delivery’s when she is not home.

Don’t overthink fishing trip pick a time and pick a place to go and just keep trucking on.

Please remember complete honesty has never been a part of the fisherman’s vocabulary.

2. Likes Bigfly liked this post

Default Re: Time on the Water: How much and how do you manage it?

Quote Originally Posted by unknownflyman View Post
    I fish a lot, as much as I can. While I’m not loosing jobs or girlfriends over it anymore, I’ve made a few decisions that have helped somewhat.

I need money to fish so I better work. There’s always chores so that will be there when I get back.

Procrastination is the fly fishers friend just actually someday get enough work done so you can fish more later or make it seem like you did stuff to please the wife and make sure you hit the truck before she investigates.

It’s better just to accept and hide delivery’s when she is not home.

Don’t overthink fishing trip pick a time and pick a place to go and just keep trucking on.

Please remember complete honesty has never been a part of the fisherman’s vocabulary.
    There are kernels of wisdom in what you say. Exactly which ideas are the kernels of wisdom I leave to others to decide. SR

4. Likes Bigfly liked this post
  5. Default Re: Time on the Water: How much and how do you manage it?

My job is pretty busy and requires lots of hours, and I also have young children, but my schedule does afford the ability to get out a bit during the week. I don't get a ton of full,/ 8 hour+ days on the water, but maybe one or two full-days a month with shorter, local fishing factored in. I generally get to fish once a week, sometimes twice, and that may be for an hour or less on the smallmouth stream near home one week, and it may be an entire day on a distant tailwater the next week. But I'm fortunate enough to have options near home and the flexibility to at least get the rod out of the tube every week or so.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234