Industry Folk - Pictures and Such

cooutlaw

Reaction score
I was messaging with S&S and the topic of the Boo Boy's Picture Post was brought up, which I enjoyed seeing and it inspired me to open this thread...a place here to post pics, articles, even video's, etc. of the industry folks, past and present, for members to put names with faces and see the folks within the industry....seen before or not...doesn't matter....just a catalog of sorts for identification. I'll go first.....Winston circa 1984...yup Jerry Siem was there. And two other guys you might recognize.

Winston Gang 1984.jpg

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry Siem worked at Winston before going over to Sage. And taht is Tom Morgan in the center rear row.

More contemporarily, here is Scott's Jim Bartschi at the recent Edison Show with s&s.

ES19 005 Edison Show Jim&R vsc.jpg

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Lookin good S&S, but you should keep better company....LOL....Jimmy is the real deal....even if he is a lefty.....I suspect he is still recovering from the Denver show in your picture. First 1984 Photo above: the other bearded artist on the right is Glenn Brackett.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Yes, the Winston caption listed all but Tom.

And here is news I did not previously report...Scott and townmates Abel/Ross are cooperatively coordinating anodization between reels and reel seats.

Redrock

Reaction score
Yes, the Winston caption listed all but Tom.

And here is news I did not previously report...Scott and townmates Abel/Ross are cooperatively coordinating anodization between reels and reel seats.
No way! I’m a gloss, black reel guy, but ... if the GS844 wins my 4 weight shootout this summer, I would consider a Matching Derek DeYoung SDS 4/5 and GS844. No real reason, just because.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Though I have yet to cast that 8'4"er, I suspect that with the SDF would be a great outfit. So, I'll go again with an image of me with the Abel-Ross brain trust.

ES19 001 Edison Show Jeff, R&Bart vsc.jpg