Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Fly tying .. You Tube be Danged

Hi all,

I have discovered (still being a Newb) that no matter how many You Tube videos I watch ... it still takes PRACTICE to get it right on tying just about any fly ...

Bottom line? More time on the bench and thread used ....

Fly Fishing / Tying is sooooooo stressful ....

Gordon in NC

PS .. Since I like to "tinker" will post pix of station when it's finished ... is it EVER finished ... doubtful.
    If you are going to try cross-country skiing ... start with a small country.

Default Re: Fly tying .. You Tube be Danged

You got that right Gordon. Practice, practice, practice. I don't think I have ever seen a so called "natural" when it comes to fly tying. The more you tie the more tricks you will teach yourself, especially if you keep tying the same pattern over and over and over. Be careful with all the information on You tube. It can be helpful, but it also can be a hindrance. It is human nature to want to know how to tie them all, but I would rather now how to tie a few very well. Tying the same fly over and over again will teach you tricks that will make the flies look better, be more durable and you will be able to tie them much quicker. Good luck with the fly tying, don't let it stress you out, it's supposed to something fun and relaxing.

Biggie