Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  111
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Solo Fish Pics

Default Re: Solo Fish Pics

Guys, get a lifeproof case for your phone!!! I've dunked it, dropped it, stepped on it, swam with it, dropped it in mud and snow, and it has held up great.
    Danny

2. Likes Ard, myt1, mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by huronfly View Post
    Guys, get a lifeproof case for your phone!!! I've dunked it, dropped it, stepped on it, swam with it, dropped it in mud and snow, and it has held up great.
    I second the Lifeproof suggestion, but, surprisingly, it doesn't protect the screen from cracking; because of that shortcoming I might consider other options when it is time to replace my current Lifeproof.
    -Rick Allen

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

This is what a 2 foot fat one looks like with the Nomad Guide net, I bought the Boat Net because the Guide is not for these fish.

Yes that is a salmon...……

That is a perfect example of why I don't dry fly fish here, I've caught everything from fry to smolts but never a big rainbow. If you want a big rainbow you swing streamers.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

6. Likes dennyk, mcnerney liked this post

I've shared this one from this past season. I usually have an iPhone ( 7, 7+, XR ) but I think with this photo I was trying out an Olympus TG5 camera.

8. Likes Ard, dillon, lacivic99, mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by huronfly View Post
    The problem I found with the Lifeproof cases is that they often make it difficult for people to hear you. On some phones they just block off most of the sound coming into the microphone. After carrying my phone a lot in a Lifeproof case, which ultimately began to fail--I'd get a little dampness inside if I put it in the water--I've gone back to carrying a waterproof point and shoot camera that fits into a shirt pocket and you don't have to worry about getting it wet...and you can more easily take pics one-handed.

Bass are easier to handle than trout, and I do a lot of river smallmouth fishing. I'm a firm believer in keeping them wet as well. When I want to just document a fish I caught, I generally take the time to pull over into the shallows if in my canoe, find a spot that has an inch or so of water over a gravelly bottom, lay the fish down with rod and maybe fly, and snap the picture. I really like that look. But I try to avoid muck and dirty gravel. When photographing trout I do much the same, but will also keep them in the net and just lay the net down in the shallows. And I keep myself between the fish and dry bank, so that if it flops while I'm trying to take the picture, I can "direct" the flop away from anything dry and rough. If the fish gets away at that point, oh well.

10. Likes Ard, dillon, mcnerney liked this post

al_a,
    I would love to see one of your pics.

12. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Make sure to get phone insurance along with the Lifeproof case. I love them, but my first one started leaking and damaged my phone. It was within the 1 year warranty, so they replaced my case, and customer service was great. The phone magically came back to life, but I was almost S.O.L.

Underwater videos are awesome

14. Likes mcnerney liked this post

I'm not close to the hard drive that holds all my photos, so here are the only two I have access to at the moment...the bass is another way I like to take photos for scale when fishing from my canoes...the paddle blade is wet so it does no harm to the fish, and the length of the blade from tip to where the flare out of the shaft starts is exactly 20 inches.IMG_1887.jpgIMG_0360.jpg

16. Likes mcnerney, omas liked this post

I tend not to take photos of fish, I take photos of the river,surrounding area and the wildlife that I spot if I’m quick enough.
    English by Birth A Geordie by the grace of God!

18. Likes mcnerney liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345