Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  100
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ladies With Fly Rods

At our local flyfishing club, the recent leadership has been predominantly female. Their leadership has been competent and effective, and as a result the club has grown in members, vitality and influence. One common trait among many of the female leaders: their fathers taught them to flyfish.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't wonder how dreary this world would be if elk were bald and birds had no feathers.
    - Hank Patterson

2. Likes hairwing530, dennyk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cb3fish View Post
    Sir,

I actually don't have a problem with women fly fisher persons- What I have a problem with is the double standard if men posted some event excluding women it would be like world war 3, however woman can post anything they want and it's OK--------NO I don't want to fish with a bunch of women, just don't lik the double standard plain and simple : CB
    I agree with you 100% as I always have the same thought when I see women only programs whatever they might be.
    But I once worked as an outdoor programmer for a large park system and fully understand why there are women only events for activities that are perceived as a man thing, there are some real jerks walking around calling themselves a man.

Quote Originally Posted by scott2613 View Post
    I found it interesting that these six women were all from the eastern states, not the kind of places that I would typically think of as "fly fishing trout water states". Perhaps that's an indicator of my lack of knowledge.
    That's because the publication is about the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic areas. Notice that after the six, "Beyond the Blue Ridge", are a couple of westerners.

5. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Glad to see somebody agrees with me...LOL-CB

Quote Originally Posted by cb3fish View Post
    Sir,

I actually don't have a problem with women fly fisher persons- What I have a problem with is the double standard if men posted some event excluding women it would be like world war 3, however woman can post anything they want and it's OK--------NO I don't want to fish with a bunch of women, just don't lik the double standard plain and simple : CB
    You’d get “woman” posting with very similar responses to the one you did... there are small numbers with outdated views in both sexes...
    You just hear them more, as most people wouldn’t even think it a problem to comment on...
    If 99.9% of guiding/instruction ‘events’ are open to both sexes..
    And 0.1 % is restricted to women or men only....
    seems fine to me
    And funnily enough I’d bet 99.9% of both sexes would be fine with that....

I told you it didn't bother me- I just don't like the double standard. I live in LIBERAL California and if i posted something like "men only fly fishing trip" they would try to hang anybody that did that, That's all, plain and simple

CB

I'm with you cb3fish.

I have no problems with women that flyfish..or hunt... or whatever. But I do have big problems with any sort of movement to "get more women in our sport". Let this pastime just be fun rather than some sort of social justice arena. ...and that's all I'll have to say about that.

10. Likes huronfly liked this post

I have a problem with more women fly fishing. There are already too many people on the streams!

Women usually keep their fly fishing habit quiet as they don't want to embarrass the men who think they are the only ones out there. Just kidding everyone. I don't care who all fishes. I will share with anyone. Besides I wear enough sunblocking buffs and other junk, no one could tell what sex the person is under all that junk.

My real peeve is that all of the equipment is designed for men. No women sized waders ever hit the sales racks! If they exist at all. And heaven forbid not in pink!
    Cindy

12. Likes dennyk, hairwing530 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cpiercem View Post
    I have a problem with more women fly fishing. There are already too many people on the streams!

Women usually keep their fly fishing habit quiet as they don't want to embarrass the men who think they are the only ones out there. Just kidding everyone. I don't care who all fishes. I will share with anyone. Besides I wear enough sunblocking buffs and other junk, no one could tell what sex the person is under all that junk.

My real peeve is that all of the equipment is designed for men. No women sized waders ever hit the sales racks! If they exist at all. And heaven forbid not in pink!
    My daughter is looking at purchasing her own woman-specific waders from Patagonia (they do exist, apparently). If she does that, it will show a commitment to fly fishing that has nothing to do with her being a woman being encouraged into the sport, but has everything to do with a parent wanting to share some special time with his kids, and they got hooked (pun intended). The gender of the child is irrelevant. Heck, my daughters are also hockey players, for what that's worth. They tried something, they liked it, so they did it. It wasn't for boys or for girls, it was for fun.

14. Likes cpiercem, dennyk, hairwing530, Bigfly, omas liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cpiercem View Post

Hey Cindy, they are not in pink but Orvis has women's silver sonic waders on sale ($100 off)

https://www.orvis.com/p/womens-silve...op-waders/6x0p

16. Thanks cpiercem thanked for this post
    Likes hairwing530 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast