Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  100
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Ladies With Fly Rods

I thought this was a good article about women with the passion for fly fishing.

Six Women Who Are Revolutionizing the World of Fly Fishing | Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine

Denny

Default Re: Ladies With Fly Rods

I'm so glad my wife has no interest in flyfising. If she did, she'd figure out how much $$$ I have in equipment.

3. Thanks mt_flyfisher thanked for this post
    Likes Ard, hairwing530 liked this post

I'm not worried about her becoming interested in fly fishing and finding out how much I spend. I'm more worried about her getting in to it and my having to spend 3 times as much as I spend now. She requires way more maintenance than me and is more into style and pizzaz. No more bargain basement stuff. And it would cut drastically in to my fishing time. She takes up to 3 hours just to get ready to go to Walmart. I can't imagine how long it would take her to get ready to go on the river and look good enough for pictures. Then there's the fish. The poor fish. Catch & Release would take on a whole new meaning. By the time I take 4 or 5 shots, let her come look at them and critique, then go take 4 or 5 more, check, 4 or 5 more, check, 4 or 5 more (you know, until that dang piece of hair will stay put or that cloud goes by so the lighting is perfect, etc, etc, etc.) the fish will definitely be sun dried and stiff by then. O **** would probably turn its nose up to it.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevind62 View Post
    I'm not worried about her becoming interested in fly fishing and finding out how much I spend. I'm more worried about her getting in to it and my having to spend 3 times as much as I spend now. She requires way more maintenance than me and is more into style and pizzaz. No more bargain basement stuff. And it would cut drastically in to my fishing time. She takes up to 3 hours just to get ready to go to Walmart. I can't imagine how long it would take her to get ready to go on the river and look good enough for pictures. Then there's the fish. The poor fish. Catch & Release would take on a whole new meaning. By the time I take 4 or 5 shots, let her come look at them and critique, then go take 4 or 5 more, check, 4 or 5 more, check, 4 or 5 more (you know, until that dang piece of hair will stay put or that cloud goes by so the lighting is perfect, etc, etc, etc.) the fish will definitely be sun dried and stiff by then. O **** would probably turn its nose up to it.
    Agreed Kevin, if my wife were to go fly fishing, preparation and dressing, makeup etc.. We'd have to start a day ahead of time!

Denny

6. Likes Ard, kevind62, hairwing530 liked this post

One of the ladies in the article, Jen Ripple of Dun Magazine, did a presentation on this very subject, women in the fly fishing world, at our club a year ago.
    It was very well received.
    I don't think that I'd be doing her a disservice by saying she is not at all a "girly-girl"
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

8. Likes Ard, hairwing530, dennyk liked this post

Dennyk,

I actually don't have any problems with my wife or any other woman in the fly fishing sport, Now after that being said what pisses me off is when they advertise "women only" fishing trips or events. Now what would happen if we posted something like "men only" fishing trips or casting lessons? I shudder to think. CB

10. Likes flafly14, dennyk liked this post
    Blog Entries

Able Women.

The wife and I share enough time and interests. Our time apart with our own hobbies is beneficial. She has horses and I have my bow, bench, rods, and reels. She is always welcome to join.

As for money take it from me. Horses cost w-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay more money than my hunting and fishing combined. Had to prove that to her years ago. The look on her face was priceless..."Here's the receipts to that month in New Zealand trip." Lol. I don't complain so she doesn't complain.

CFF

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Nice fish! Do you have anymore pictures of it lying in the dirt?
    As publicity increases so does the propensity of tripping over yards of mono attached to a Dipsey sinker.

12. Thanks dennyk thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by cb3fish View Post
    Dennyk,

I actually don't have any problems with my wife or any other woman in the fly fishing sport, Now after that being said what pisses me off is when they advertise "women only" fishing trips or events. Now what would happen if we posted something like "men only" fishing trips or casting lessons? I shudder to think. CB
    Why on earth would that **** you off? 90% of all fishing trips are in reality already men only
    I can understand why some women would feel far more comfortable on a women only trip... why get stuck with 5 blokes, with their torridly dull tales of fishing one-upmanship, who need to pay more attention to hygiene and when there’s bound to be one ‘alpha male’ who’s slightly patronising....
    Similarly, I have no wish to gate crash a women only party... I already know I am wrong, I get told regularly... I like to fish in ignorance of my faults

I found it interesting that these six women were all from the eastern states, not the kind of places that I would typically think of as "fly fishing trout water states". Perhaps that's an indicator of my lack of knowledge.

Sir,

I actually don't have a problem with women fly fisher persons- What I have a problem with is the double standard if men posted some event excluding women it would be like world war 3, however woman can post anything they want and it's OK--------NO I don't want to fish with a bunch of women, just don't lik the double standard plain and simple : CB

16. Likes trout stalker liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast