Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: eye help

1. Default eye help

Hi peoples; I am gonna turn 51 in March and the peepers are getting weary, I am looking for a GOOD SET of 'clip on magnifiers'. Thanks, Mike

Blog Entries

Default Re: eye help

Quote Originally Posted by Leahcim View Post
    Hi peoples; I am gonna turn 51 in March and the peepers are getting weary, I am looking for a GOOD SET of 'clip on magnifiers'. Thanks, Mike
    I use a Flip Focal, $19.00 under the brim of a cap they are great! Ask at your local shop.

Blog Entries

Attachment 1411
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I use a Flip Focal, $19.00 under the brim of a cap they are great! Ask at your local shop.
    Here's a photo of one, don't know the guy................ well maybe I do, but that's a flip focal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got a pair that clip to my glasses. Since I'm near sighted I always have prescription glasses on when fishing. Unfortunately, I can't remember the brand and there's no name on the case. They were only $10 or $12. One nice thing is you don't need a hat with a brim to wear them, just glasses. Most time people wear polarizing glasses so, these seem to work out pretty well.

I use both the flip lens as well as the stick on type (see link)

Stick On Lenses Optx 20/20 Reading Lens Bifocals Magnifying

I also take an extra pair along. Stange things happen when you are new to flyfishing and casting is a new experience everytime you venture out.

Somehow a bad cast along with a strong wind caught the flyline just enough to catch the clip on the brim of my hat. The flip lens went sailing, farther than the fly did I might add.
    Had a tough time tying on flies the rest of the day. Oh, things like this don't happen at the end of the day for me...it's always at the beginning.

I went to the stick on above after that incident. I still carry the spare flip lens.

Hi leachim
    I have the same problem. Now sometimes I take my glasses off to tie on a fly. I have the flip focals & like them & keep them in my vest so I don't go fishing without them. The problem is using them at night. I like to use those Hat lights so for night fishing I use those drugstore magnifier glasses. I hang a pair on a lanyard & put them on when I need them. All you have to do is bend the temple pieces out so they go on & off easily with one hand.