Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
    Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your way thru
    Blog Entries

Default Best forum nicknames

Obviously i need spring to hurry and get here but until it does what forum name make you smile or giggle a bit when you see them?

My favorite for a long time was "original cormorant". I always wondered the back story on that, was there dispute between cormorants?

But that has been surpassed by my new favorite "colonelklinkenhammer" Makes me giggle every time I see it. I usually whistle the Hogans Heroes theme when i see his/her posts.

What's your favs?

2. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530, dennyk, Ard liked this post

Default Re: Best forum nicknames

I usually try to decipher them. I took mine because I flew cargo in a DC8. (At the time)

I think there are some great senses of humor amidst our members, but often, particularly in the sake of representing ourselves properly as conservative, ethical, forthright, sportsmen, many error on the side of being proper in online presence. I thought of several less appropriate screen names but used the fallback that has followed me for 20+ years. But I very easily could have been "FuzzyHooker" or some other such moniker.

5. Likes k_e_v, mcnerney, hairwing530, dennyk, Ard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    I usually try to decipher them. I took mine because I flew cargo in a DC8. (At the time)
    I don't know about names but avatars, fr8dog always makes my western NY heart smile.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Q: How many turns on a whip finish? A: "Enough to cover your mistakes" - AK Best

7. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530, dennyk, Ard liked this post

Mine came from inexperience: When I joined my first forum, I screwed up entering my info and ended up with Jojer. Worked for me, so I use it on all the forums I'm on.
    One of my favorites, from the refuge forums, "Inda Swamp".
    Last edited by JoJer; 03-12-2019 at 01:40 AM. Reason: CAps, Punct

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

9. Likes hairwing530, dennyk, Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

Some forum nicknames make me chuckle like myti1, all hail the mighty one, corn fed fins, like those stocked trout, do you? How about Bigfly? Where does that nickname take one’s mind to? deceiverbob works well, maybe he likes deceiver flies or maybe he likes deceiving fish or maybe he likes deceiving fish with deceiver flies. Joey Bagels is a virtual reality thing, I believe. But maybe not, it’s all very blurry these days.

karstopo, karst topography, look it up it’s a real thing. Basically, I was going for the whole twisted, eroded, tortured landscape shaped by water imagery.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

I try to make mine easy to understand. I change it to OldMtnMan on hunting and muzzleloader forums.

In combat flight sim forums it's BuzzU.
    Last edited by old timer; 03-12-2019 at 03:44 PM.

12. Likes Ard liked this post