Will it ever stop ?

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
Last year on may 1st I had open heart surgery . I have spent the last year recovery from that and a sore back so that I can go fishing this summer , a lot!
Well in January I had to have lower back surgery . Okay I had it and got out the same day . The next day I felt great and spent a lot of time telling people that . Well 10 days later I was stricken with leg pain , sciatica they said . One MRI later I have fluid built up around the nerve . Back to surgery . Surgery went fine but now the sciatica is in the other leg ! Well nine days later they gave me some kind of medication for that pain and a week later it's feeling great . Now I am totally healed and ready to start planning my summer uh, not quite yet . Now I have shingles ! I had it two years ago and sumbeech it was bad but not quite this bad . The nerve pain from the shingles is radiating around my back , down my left leg and over in the woods where the monster hangs out . So I ask you once again , will it ever stop ?

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Last year on may 1st I had open heart surgery . I have spent the last year recovery from that and a sore back so that I can go fishing this summer , a lot!
Well in January I had to have lower back surgery . Okay I had it and got out the same day . The next day I felt great and spent a lot of time telling people that . Well 10 days later I was stricken with leg pain , sciatica they said . One MRI later I have fluid built up around the nerve . Back to surgery . Surgery went fine but now the sciatica is in the other leg ! Well nine days later they gave me some kind of medication for that pain and a week later it's feeling great . Now I am totally healed and ready to start planning my summer uh, not quite yet . Now I have shingles ! I had it two years ago and sumbeech it was bad but not quite this bad . The nerve pain from the shingles is radiating around my back , down my left leg and over in the woods where the monster hangs out . So I ask you once again , will it ever stop ?
Sorry to hear of your ongoing struggles, hopefully they will ease up soon. I'm not sure that it does ever stop though....at least while we are still above dirt.

I've kind of resigned myself to accepting whatever I'm experiencing as better than the alternative. So I just focus on being grateful for another day here on earth, regardless of what I've got plaguing me, it still beats not being here to spend time with friends and family.

My dad has been gone almost 20 years now, but he told me in his last days that the worst day of life is still better than the best day of death, enjoy everyone of them while you can. That always stuck with me, he wasn't afraid to die, but his advice was more toward pointing out for me to remember to enjoy the ride, whatever it is good or bad, it could always be worse.

I've had issues that I thought might have ended my enjoyment of most everything I enjoy doing, but I always heard my dads wisdom in my head, and I just kept trying to make the best of it and keep living life and enjoy every moment. The sun will rise tomorrow, if we are lucky we will get to see it, and if we are smart we will make the best of it, because it always could be worse. I hope you have a speedy recovery, but remember, every day can be a good day if you choose it to be.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ron

Sounds like your going through hell on wheels, hopefully the light is at the end of the tunnel and you get better soon! I could bore you with all my health issues over the past three years, heart surgery, lung surgery and hand surgery, gout attacks. It's been a long road to recovery, but I'm feeling better each day, hitting the Crossfit gym five times a week and I'm looking forward to this years fishing. I sure hope you get better and can come visit.
Cooutlaw said it all, just hang in there and make the best of the situation.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear ron. I hope it will stop. But It's going to take a while for an improvement in the leg pain due to the trauma of the surgery. Add another surgery and the fluid pressure and it may take a while. I'm near two years since my back to back surgeries plus the hematoma and still have a ways to go. I saw some welcome improvement at 1 1/2 years. Legs are doing much better. My lower back not so much.

kevind62

Reaction score
Man goes in to the doctor's office, walks up to the receptionist and she asks, "can I help you?" Yes, I have shingles. Ok, go sit over there and fill out this form. An hour later the nurse calls his name and takes him to a room. What do you have. Shingles, he says. Nurse says, ok, take off your clothes, put on this robe and sit here, the doctor will be in to check on you. An hour later the doc comes in. What do you have? The man replies, shingles. Doc says, where? Man says, on my truck, where do you want me to put them. :D

srock

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I had shoulder surgery in January of 19 and still feel the soreness. Then my left wrist acted up and i felt helpless, what is going on. My only advice is be patient, use therapists who know what they are doing and hope for the best. It is difficult and know others feel your problems. This is not a remedy but an acknowledgement of your probems and hope that they get better. Best SR

think trout

Reaction score
Their is a herbal supplement that prevents shingles among other things, it called olive leaf extract. I really believe no medicine cabinet should be without it!

Hellbender

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your ongoing struggles, hopefully they will ease up soon. I'm not sure that it does ever stop though....at least while we are still above dirt.

I've kind of resigned myself to accepting whatever I'm experiencing as better than the alternative. So I just focus on being grateful for another day here on earth, regardless of what I've got plaguing me, it still beats not being here to spend time with friends and family.

My dad has been gone almost 20 years now, but he told me in his last days that the worst day of life is still better than the best day of death, enjoy everyone of them while you can. That always stuck with me, he wasn't afraid to die, but his advice was more toward pointing out for me to remember to enjoy the ride, whatever it is good or bad, it could always be worse.

I've had issues that I thought might have ended my enjoyment of most everything I enjoy doing, but I always heard my dads wisdom in my head, and I just kept trying to make the best of it and keep living life and enjoy every moment. The sun will rise tomorrow, if we are lucky we will get to see it, and if we are smart we will make the best of it, because it always could be worse. I hope you have a speedy recovery, but remember, every day can be a good day if you choose it to be.
Very good words right here. Stay strong and keep battling; lots to live for! I’ve also had my share of health issues but appreciate every day I get to spend in this world. Every day is a blessing!

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Their is a herbal supplement that prevents shingles among other things, it called olive leaf extract. I really believe no medicine cabinet should be without it!
I had to put new shingles on my house, and my rental property the past few years. They are the worst. How much herbal supplement do I have to apply to make sure I don't have to do that ever again? :)

rfb700

Reaction score
Southeastern Ontario, Canada (armpit of the trout
You're in a rough spot right now but hopefully there are better days ahead. Growing old is not for the feint of heart. Most of us face challenges as we age. I have back and prostate issues. But I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and enjoy what i can. And drinking helps

Hang in there and know that you're not in this alone.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

bumble54

Reaction score
You're in a rough spot right now but hopefully there are better days ahead. Growing old is not for the feint of heart. Most of us face challenges as we age. I have back and prostate issues. But I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and enjoy what i can. And drinking helps

Hang in there and know that you're not in this alone.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Time catches up with us all, we can't avoid it so have to face it or go down. Nothing wrong with having a good moan about it though, some days I think I'm falling apart at the seams, it's just my past actions catching up with me.

denver1911

Reaction score
Yes. Lifes adversities will eventually come to an end. Pray that they don’t anytime soon. I know it’s not ideal and you wish your health was better. But I encourage you to make the best of each day life gives you.

bocianka1

Reaction score
After all of the delays and surgeries, I hope that when you do get back on the water, the fishing experience feels that much sweeter. Don't let the setbacks get you down. The water will be there waiting for you when you're finally ready.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

corn fed fins

Reaction score
Don't let it get you down. Be thankful your issues can be remedied, even if it's just to an extent, even if it takes time. Be thankful you still have your wits. You didn't wake up to a note saying "shoot yourself", signed by yourself and not having to ask yourself "What f***ing imbecile wrote this sh**!?". Then asking "that lady", who's been living with you for 50 years, why the grass hasn't been stocked with carp while turning your head in an effort to not eat your carrot puree.

Yeah. I think I just got over being pissed about today's wind storm and now I'm going to go outside and embrace some dirt being blown into my face.

CFF

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
Well guys thanks for the words . It's easy to have a pity party especially when things have gone downhill as fast as they have in . the last ten years . I've been sitting here for almost a year now in continuous pain while building fly rod after flyrod . Hopefully I'll get to fish some of them this summer . Thanks again .

old timer

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in thinking positive and letting your body heal itself. It's not easy when you're in pain but being negative won't help at all.

Do your best to thinking positive and ignore the pain as best as you can. Get your mind on doing something you love. You may be surprised at the results.