Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Your biggest fish on a fly?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your biggest fish on a fly?

Sasha & Nate,

Those are nice fish fellas! Sasha, beautiful trout, Nate, those are great pike man. Congratulations to you both.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Sasha & Nate,

Those are nice fish fellas! Sasha, beautiful trout, Nate, those are great pike man. Congratulations to you both.

Ard
    Thanks! Even though that guy was only 20" it felt like a monster on my ultralight rod. I need to get back out there though as I have only managed to land a 25" brown out of that river this year.

Blog Entries

Sasha,

Please don't ever think that a 20" trout is not a monster. Some fishermen spend years on the streams and do not land a fish like yours. Even here in Alaska many rainbow trout I catch are not twenty inches long. When I fished Pennsylvania if you caught a wild 16" trout it was a highlight for the season even if you caught bigger fish latter on.

If all the fish were big we would get sore arms and wrists from landing them, really.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

4. Default Re: Your biggest fish on a fly?

I took a 11lb. Channel Cat at lake viking in northern Mo last monday. I will post pics as soon as i get them back from the lab. (Note to self buy a Digital camera.) It was fun i caught it on a bronze & red Clouser minnow with a 6 weight Fenwick. This is my biggest on a fly rod to this date. Hope that all changes in Aug on the White River.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Sasha,

Please don't ever think that a 20" trout is not a monster. Some fishermen spend years on the streams and do not land a fish like yours. Even here in Alaska many rainbow trout I catch are not twenty inches long. When I fished Pennsylvania if you caught a wild 16" trout it was a highlight for the season even if you caught bigger fish latter on.

If all the fish were big we would get sore arms and wrists from landing them, really.

Ard
    True I was not really complaining about it I was being a bit of a smart a** I consider myself fortunate to live in an area where I can go fish and get nice browns. That river is pretty cool usually a day there consists of mostly 17-19" fish with some 20" and a few over 20".

But as much fun as it is I still prefer to go fish remote small creeks where the monsters are 12-13". I just love that type of fly fishing much better. Especially since I am usually the only one out there.

6. Default Re: Your biggest fish on a fly?

i caught my biggest fish on the fly last weekend! it was a 17.5 inch largemouth. i know i know, it doesnt seem that big (especially for a LMB) but it seemed really heavy compared to other big bass ive caught. it was fun. it bit the bead head bugger as i was pulling it out of the water to start a backcast...it was like pulling the fly back into a log!

Blog Entries

Isn't that the way it happens just when you least expect it, that is not a small bass!

Blog Entries

There have to be some members who are ready to post to this thread. I caught a big one yesterday

Blog Entries

great thread ard!
    ive caught some of 30+ lbs. kings when i lived in homer. most caught in deep creek, on the kenai peninsula. unfortunately no pics

so heres the biggest dolly varden ive caught

taken on an 8 weight with a #4 flesh fly.

casey

ARFE

10. Default Re: Your biggest fish on a fly?

A smallmouth buffalo that was pushing 30" is probably my best, but I don't have a pic.

This flathead is probably second.
    Lee Orr - Maker
    304 Rod Company

www.304rodcompany.com

11. Likes cattech89 liked this post
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast