Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Waterproof camera .. or none?

Get the camera, otherwise, we don't believe you.

2. Likes Rip Tide, ia_trouter liked this post

If you decide you want fishing photos on solo missions, consider getting a gopro.
    They are waterproof and pretty rugged.
    You can just film in 4K video, then when you get home just flip through the video(s) to grab the still photo(s) you want from the video.
    It's the only way to do fish photos solo as far as I'm concerned.

4. Likes jangles liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by denver1911 View Post
    Sorry if you didnít fully understand. The first paragraph is to establish that personally having a photo isnít important to me. Nor is having ďproofĒ that I caught a certain fish.

The question is essentially asking for others opinions on whether I should value photos more than I do and, thus, spend the money. In particular, should I spend the money on a camera so I can share those memories with others (friends, family, etc.)?
    I struggle with this as a broad stroke in my life. I have a terribly hard time remembering to pic anything and i LOVE instagram. Ive reflected heavily on this as im only 34 and i have a 2.5 yr old daughter and i feel like i should be taking more pics of the things going on in my life, fishing not excluded. In the end ive identified im partially too wrapped up in the moment, i also have a good photographic memory of the events i live through, and sharing the events of my life arent something i enjoy, nor are really seeing pics of other peoples lives. idk, it just isnt something that registers with me. Im not the guy pulling his phone out to show you everything. Its not that im not proud, idk what it is.

So im with you . Fish more, Enjoy the moments more, live life

-Josh

Blog Entries

Some are picture takers, some are not. I took a photography 101 / 102 course and bought a Minolta SRT-100 back in 1980 and began. Slow to change to digital format I finally crossed over in 2007......... I can draw, sketch, paint and some say I can write but I like a good quick landscape when I can get one easily.

Did that with a 300mm Tamron at f5.6 with a polarizer and tripod at sunset in the October full moon years ago, love the shot and have it. Some think they will remember everything and will not need any images. I've been way to many places and seen so much that without pictures my life would be less in retrospect.

I carry a very affordable Panasonic Lumix 10mgp and am very happy to have it at times.

That's a double.

And for the once in a while incredible fish the camera is priceless......

The ones you don't have to hold out toward the lens for them to look big

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Many of the best pics on this forum do not involve fish. But when we do, about 12" from the body makes them look about actual size. Any farther than that you might be trying to tell fish tales. Just keep your Herman Munster sized paws out of our fish pics please.

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    Many of the best pics on this forum do not involve fish. But when we do, about 12" from the body makes them look about actual size. Any farther than that you might be trying to tell fish tales. Just keep your Herman Munster sized paws out of our fish pics please.
    Generally, my personal rule is "no pictures of fish that are under 30inches ",
    but since that doesn't happen every day, sometimes you have to stretch it.

Cape '07 007.jpg

Cape '07 005.jpg
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.Ē --- Horace Kephart

9. Likes ia_trouter, iv_wjb liked this post

Iíve gotta say, Iíve been very happy with the Nikon Coolpix AW100. While itís been a learning curve from DSLRís, it has proved to be capable in all situations, wet or dry.

14CA8453-DB5A-4E1B-8F8F-AA158A9D5A7D.jpg
    Wallace

11. Likes ia_trouter liked this post

Camera all the way. But then again, I enjoy taking pictures of lots of things, including fish. Waterproof cameras offer a couple of advantages, IMO. First, they don't lead to phone damage, either from water or impact. The cost of replacing your phone would have bought you a few cheap ones or one nice camera. 2nd, they offer better battery and storage option, such as swap-able batteries for extended use on trips.

Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wyoming at different times of the year .

I use a go pro , they work great for stills and video . If I could only find it now , it ran away ( I think ) on the last trip . It may be hiding in my messorage though .
    Ron Zimmerman

Driving a 52 Chevy in a Cadillac lane on my way to a river near you .

Don't forget your duct tape , Red Green

Thread Killer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234