Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default MEXICO fishing license on line?

Hey guys,

Anybody out there have the web site for buying a Mexico fishing license on line?

Thanks in advance.

Carl Blackledge

Default Re: MEXICO fishing license on line?

Carl, if there is one I couldn't find it when my wife and I went to Tulum last year. Also, I found conflicting advice online--some said you need a licence if you're going to deep-sea or offshore fish, but not if you're just wading a beach or a flat.

I went out for day with guides from Pesca Maya lodge in Ascension Bay (within the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve), and you do need a special licence to fish within the Reserve (which was provided by the lodge). I booked that trip through Yellow Dog Flyfishing and they confirmed that I didn't need a licence just to fish the beaches outside of the Reserve.

I fished a few times near the public beaches around Tulum without a licence and no one ever bothered me to ask for one. I asked a couple of locals whether gringos needed fishing licences, and they said no.

To be on the safe side, might I suggest contacting either Yellow Dog outfitters or The Fly Shop--they do a lot of bookings in Mexico.

Scott

3. Likes Ard liked this post

Hey Scott,

A few guys from a different web site sent me this. Baja Sur - Sport Fishing License I guess I answered my own question ? LOL CB

5. Likes Ard liked this post

Yeah, I found that site in my searches last year, but I think it's specific to fishing the Baja?

I gotta say, fishing license information in Mexico is not as straightforward as it could be. On the other hand, I had good luck asking a couple of locals "Pesca con mosca?" and pointing to some water down from the public beach. Smiles and "si, si!" and I was off wading. Didn't catch anything, tho'.

Scott

Scott,

I only fish Baja...it's where the fish are for dirt cheap prices...I stay a month and fish everyday with a captain in his boat, eat like a king $5000.00 tops...plus around $425 for air fare-CB