Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: Maxima Ultragreen vs Rio, etc Tippet

Ultragreen is the 1# choice of those that swing flies on the PNW, my leader spool is loaded with 20lb to 6lb, I also use it in lakes and off the beach for salmon. Only use fluro for the tippet on my river nymph rig, and will use a factory tapered leader for throwing dries(which isn't very often).

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

2. Default Re: Maxima Ultragreen vs Rio, etc Tippet

Quote Originally Posted by dylar View Post
    If you can cast and mend line, it pretty much doesn't matter what tippet you use. Virtually any material will be work well enough in competent hands, and it's all just gonna pile up in the hands of googans. If you're having trouble getting good drifts, instead of worrying about your tippet material, perhaps your time and money would be better spent on some casting lessons. In truth, most gear questions I see on forums could be best answered with casting lessons and practice. Most of the problems people have are really problems with their technique, not with their gear. Fly not turning over? It's because you suck at casting. Leader piling up on the water? It's because you suck at casting. Rod not carrying as much line in the air as you'd like? It's because you suck at casting. Wind knots developing? You guessed it, boy-o; you suck at casting.

Fix your cast and don't agonize over the gear. It's far and away the easiest, cheapest and most effective solution.
    Us googans desire the last few inches to "pile" to intro slack for a longer drag free drift (perhaps).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345