Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: high and semi-clear water

1. Default high and semi-clear water

spring PA trout (or anywhere else), what and how would you fish?

Blog Entries

Default Re: high and semi-clear water

Quote Originally Posted by pc40chas View Post
    spring PA trout (or anywhere else), what and how would you fish?
    I sent you a PM check it out.

Ard

3. Default Re: high and semi-clear water

hardy reels, i sent you back a pm i hope you got it. i go over to tionesta pa for opening day every year for the last 12 years, and we go no matter what. so sometimes you get there and conditions arent always ideal. thats why i ask about high and clear. we see that alot and it gets frusterating at times. just trying to get a step ahead. thanks

4. Default Re: high and semi-clear water

anywhere else --- what and how would you fish?

Here in the western mountains of North Carolina when the water is up and dingy I here the water hard with streamers (size 6 Wooly Buggers, Bunny Leeces, Double Bunnies, etc.)

If it is cold I slow drift them, and if it is kind of warm I will do short 3 to 4 inch strips. If this don't work I do long hard strips but I let it drift a couple of feet before I strip it again.

You better be hanging on because the strikes are hard.

I don't know if this is any help to you but it might work for you. Who knows.

Jr
    Always Thank The Lord For The Time We Get To Spend Outdoors With All Its Great Wonders That Our Lord Has Provided Us!!!

"Catch and Release"

5. Default Re: high and semi-clear water

sure it helps. i will take any advise on higher water. this is where i struggle. i may catch a fish or two, but when your there for a couple of days staying in a tent you tend to get frusterated. even though the tent is a show stopper. i have pics but i have to find them.