Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  147
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: What is your cheapest and your most expensive

Cheapest would be a NFC 864-4 I just recently built, Snake brand guides, REC nickel silver reel seat with Buckeye Burl reel seat and Titanium stripping guide, about 130 dollars. Bought the blank on closeout for about 50 dollars and purchased the reel seat also on closeout a couple of years ago for 20 dollars and had been saving it.

Most expensive, 3 different rods about 400 dollars in materials to build them. Sage One 906-4 blank bought on clearance, Sage Circa 389-4 also bought on clearance and finally a CTS Affinity X 908-4.

Currently working on a MHX 703-3 that when all is said and done will probably be around 100 dollars all in, Mudhole was closing several of their blanks out and I picked one up.

Jamie

2. Likes Rip Tide liked this post

This thread started out fun but the responses are starting to get a little corksnifferish if that's even a word . Lets try to stay on track , pretty simple to do . Your cheapest and your most expensive rod not how many and what you plan to buy . We all remember which is which . Thank you and good morning .
    Thread Killer

Cheapest- Either one of the $30 blanks I've built on from Anglers roost... after components and cork still less than $100.

Most expensive- Probably my echo glass spey, which is also considered a budget fly rod, I think I paid around $350CAD.

The only rod I'll ever splurge on would be a Meiser spey or switch. I'll never own a sage, loomis, Winston etc... I have had good results from using cheapo rods like echos and anglers roost and will continue using them.
    Danny

5. Likes jangles liked this post

I think my most expensive is likely close to a tie between my Seele 12wt and Epic Bandit 10wt, both of which I purchased as blanks and had someone build them up...probably $550-$600 into each.

My least is probably my little Berkley 6'3" 6wt Parametric that's an absolute delight to fish. I think I paid something like $50 for that thing.

7. Likes jangles liked this post

Least expensive is probably a tenkara I bought for my spouse. Next would be my first graphite fly rod, an Orvis I bought in '93. Most expensive, is probably my 15'2" Burkheimer I bought last spring, and it is worth every penny.

Cheapest - Sage TXL-F 0 wt
    Expensive - basically a tie for every other sage rod I own...
    The addiction all began on the Cimmaron River in New Mexico...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456