Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  48
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Delicate Subject

This is a non-issue thread if I ever saw one. My LL Bean waders will hold 5 gallons of pee no problem. Besides that, they leak a little anyhow. It was mostly all gone before I got back to Ard's truck.

I'm never going back to Alaska again am I?

Streams in the GW Nat Forest, Shenandoah NP,Potomac, Salmon River, NY. Exploring rivers in PNW

OMG. I just joined the 60+ club and there is nothing funnier than getting a bunch of old guys together and watching them commiserate/ complain about the need to go, the flow etc. I'm going fishing this weekend and you guys have gotten me nervous about putting on my waders, not because of flow issues but because if I start thinking about this thread I'm going to start laughing hard and then need to go. Seriously I was duck hunting with guys under 40 last year and two of them wizzed their waders in the pre-dawn darkness. Nothing like the sound from back in the woods "Ahh maaan, damn, I just pissed inside my waders" Neither of them rode home in my truck. X3 on the zipper front G3s.
    Last edited by City Rat; 05-20-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    "To many afflicted Eastern fishermen, the 'Green Drake Hatch' is as irresistible and habit-forming as black jack, whiskey, or easy women."
    Caucci and Nastasi, Hatches II

There was a guy on Facebook selling a waterproof zipper retrofit for waders- high quality zipper, and he guarantees it. Doesn't void the warranty on most brands, either. This was a sideways relief zipper, not a vertical one like the OEMs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    This is a non-issue thread if I ever saw one. My LL Bean waders will hold 5 gallons of pee no problem. Besides that, they leak a little anyhow. It was mostly all gone before I got back to Ard's truck.

Long as you can get it over the gunwale or keep it to yourself we're good.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

5. Likes ia_trouter liked this post

Great thread! I keep laughing while my head keeps shaking up and down because I identify with each post. My problem was lake fishing in my pontoon. Let's just say there are only a few places on the entire lake to get through the cattails to find a place to stand up. I solved by buying Patagonia zip fronts. Took me about one outing to ask where have zip fronts been my entire life!

Blog Entries

We're here to entertain.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

8. Likes el jefe, coug liked this post
  9. Default Re: Delicate Subject

Wet wase. Don’t even have to make it past the underpants. If you bother to wear them. If wearing waders though, yep, I can see the potential issue. Same issue when hunting in winter in thermals, pants, coverall, and maybe rain gear. There you are on land and can lean forward against a tree.

Hip and waist high waders all I use any more. Solved the problem for all my fishing years. Im 60 now. I know what your talking about. I never for 30 years ever needed anything more than waist high waders where I fish.
    R Reese

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cerec_cat View Post
    Depends!!!!
    Sometimes you may be be in a position where a tree or just letting it fly may not be an option be it in a park or other public place where the facilities are a quarter mile away. Use the Depends and you won't need to worry about it. Following my prostate removal surgery the Depends were my best piece of fishing equipment.

Denny

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post

This post and thread reminds me of the why I Hate Waders thread and my cousin Mark!
    Why I Hate Waders

As for me, the only time I wade wet is when I leave the waders behind.
    There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
    Everyone knows what they mean.
    What's more important is time that is known as the little dash in between.

Razz

13. Thanks ia_trouter thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast