Delicate Subject

bob3700

Reaction score
Ok, here is the scenario.
Ur over 60 and out on the water. Nature calls n u have to pee. No zip front waders.
So the issue is ur strength of stream isnt what it used to be and u dont want to soil the front of ur waders.
What have u used to extend ur stream so ur waders arent soiled? It needs to be long enough to clear ur waders n packable.

I am sure I am in the same boat as others. Just need a good idea or two.

donkeyhunter007

Reaction score
Buy some zip front waders they are great!!
Or carry a piece of tubing to extend your
Range away from your body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I make sure I take leak before wading out and when nature calls, more often than in the past, I wade ashore, pull them down and relieve myself on the bank. Hopefully, the fish is still rising.

dillon

Reaction score
I have zipper front waders, but I wouldn't unzip them mid stream for environmental and safety reasons. Dave Hughes book, An Anglers Astoria, includes a Chapter titled, "Learn to Pee Before You Put Your Waders On."

old timer

Reaction score
I have zipper front waders, but I wouldn't unzip them mid stream for environmental and safety reasons. Dave Hughes book, An Anglers Astoria, includes a Chapter titled, "Learn to Pee Before You Put Your Waders On."
If I did that i'd be taking off and putting my waders back on a lot. I'm old. I pee a lot.

Lonnie Utah

Reaction score
Urine is highly water soluble. Don't worry about getting a little on you waders. Just use some river water to wash them off.

jds108

Reaction score
What's the environmental reason? Is it not OK to pee in a river/stream?

osseous

Reaction score
It is well understood in the river running community- you pee IN the river, not on the bank. Take a multi-day river trip with an outfitter and it will be part of the lecture before you launch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

clsmith131

Reaction score
Maybe a gatorade bottle with a wide mouth? It's worked in the car in case of emergency. If you have an air tight seal, you'll want to cut a carburetor in the side near the top, away from the internal stream to avoid a mess. Don't ask how I know...

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This is just one of those things I've figured out on my own...….. By the way, that being in the same boat thing? Everyone in my boat better be able to figure out how to clear the gunwales.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
When flats fishing here in the northeast salt, you're often 3/4 mile off shore when the urge hits.
This is a cold water environment and having to deal with waders, a wader belt, your vest, your stripping basket, and your rod can be a challenge.
The rod, the belt, the vest all goes into the stripping basket. You drop wader "trow" and put the basket back on facing backwards
Do your thing....

But then the real challenge is to get your act together ASAP
You see, the smell of the urine in the water attracts the gamefish like a moth to a flame and you need to be ready to make your cast as soon as they come into sight.
You only get one shot as they're going to be a rod length away in seconds.
Fact.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in the zip front wader camp, and extremely happy I went that route. especially in the shoulder seasons of fly fishing. I got tired of freezing half to death every time I needed to go. I'm on my second pair of Orvis zip front waders, they recently started leaking below the right knee area, I patched them, but haven't been out to see if I have all the holes fixed. In the meantime, I know from past experience that once the waders start leaking it is an ever ending process of chasing new leaks, so I just purchased a set of new Simms G4 zip front waders that I picked up at a great discount on eBay.

jzim

Reaction score
Being real close to 67 I know what the original poster is going through. I just had prostate laser surgery to improve the flow. An ultrasound of my bladder showed that I had the equivalent of 3/4 of a wine bottle left after I urinated. Not good. Was on meds for a year with no improvement. Had the surgery and I now pee like a 20 year old.

Going to the river and feel like you need to pee every 15 minutes is no fun.