Does anyone but me use

Status
Not open for further replies.

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
The read aloud function on their computer ? It seems that on this forum a simple question gets a half a page answer and sometimes longer and it hurts my eyes to read them so I use the voice option . I'm thinking there are more than a few displaced writers and scholars on here . Please revert to English . Perhaps there should be a character limit ? :p

corn fed fins

Reaction score
There is a difference between a query and an inquiry. Your opening is a question (query), so there might be a simple answer such as "Yes. You are all alone". The last sentence is more of a inquiry. This requires a more detailed answer. I can't just say "No" because that is an insufficient response to an in-depth issue. Additionally, the use of the word "perhaps" produces an uncertainty in your statement asking the reader to think even more extensively. As a result, not only does your inquiry demand an in-depth answer but a presented argument, in support of such answer, as to persuade you into the respondent's line of reasoning.

A simple answer, simply put, is more often worthless compared to the reasoning that derived the answer.;):D

P.S. I put this in the smallest text to help you out.:evil:

flytie09

Reaction score
No....I didn't know the feature existed to be honest. Can you hear me know? :director:

ia_trouter

Reaction score
The read aloud function on their computer ? It seems that on this forum a simple question gets a half a page answer and sometimes longer and it hurts my eyes to read them so I use the voice option . I'm thinking there are more than a few displaced writers and scholars on here . Please revert to English . Perhaps there should be a character limit ? :p
How rude! If we bother to write a half page response to one of your stupid questions, you just read and "like it" like you're supposed to. It's not that complicated.

:D

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
jangles, In some recent thread you responded to something I carefully wrote with, "Is that English?" So, with due respect, I reread it as I do make poor sentence structures occasionally or get lazy trusting Spell Check and employ the wrong word. But, yes, it was English and relevantly responsive to the OP's seeking understanding about how rod tapers vary and make a difference in performance.

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
jangles, In some recent thread you responded to something I carefully wrote with, "Is that English?" So, with due respect, I reread it as I do make poor sentence structures occasionally or get lazy trusting Spell Check and employ the wrong word. But, yes, it was English and relevantly responsive to the OP's seeking understanding about how rod tapers vary and make a difference in performance.
I was just kidding as the words that some people use , including you , make me wonder if I'm on a fly fishing forum or on a forum for authors and english professors . No disrespect intended and I'll refrain from answering in that fashion from now on . Sorry if I ruffled your feathers .

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Hilarious man, seriously I think its a cool feature, especially for the visually impaired, which is happening to me slowly year by year. I have to tie on flies now with reading glasses, next I`ll be smoking a briar with a tweed cap. Getting old isn't for the weak.

old timer

Reaction score
I was just kidding as the words that some people use , including you , make me wonder if I'm on a fly fishing forum or on a forum for authors and english professors . No disrespect intended and I'll refrain from answering in that fashion from now on . Sorry if I ruffled your feathers .
You said what was on your mind. I like that because I do the same thing. I made a post to bust your chops but what you said made me laugh.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I'm cool and I did not respond to your "English language" remark until you brought it up as a topic in this thread. I am not a professional writer nor a professor of anything except maybe leader fabrication. I'm the kind of guy though who takes stuff seriously, even when I'm having fun. If I strive to describe some aspect of this great sport of fly fishing, which encompasses more literature than any other sport to my knowledge, I'm going to do so using the best words I know.

rangerrich99

Reaction score
Wait. There's a 'read aloud' feature on here? where is that?

ia_trouter

Reaction score
.....and no question is ever stupid .
Your first grade teacher lied to you too? :)

Seriously though, some guys like to type very detailed answers. It's their choice to do so, and yours not to read it, but don't lose sight of the fact somebody invested their time for the benefit of others. Sweet and Salt is one of those guys. Some of his, and others offerings here would be quite at home in a professional outdoor publication.

As old timer implied, maybe we should talk about fishing? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.