Defintely A Cut Above The Rest!!!!!

kevind62

Reaction score
Man, I hope we all realize how fortunate we are to have this site. I've been on 3 other different fly fishing forums. One was very hostile. The other two are just plain unfriendly or unsocial. I posted on both in the "introduction" forum pages (didn't bother posting on the hostile site). One of them I think I got maybe 30 views. No welcome, replies, or likes after 6 months. Haven't been back. The other one I did get one reply welcome, from the chief moderator himself, with no likes with just over 400 views. I looked at several other "new guys" from past posts on the introductions. Very few if any had any replies with anywhere from 400 - 1000+ views. The most replies I saw was 3 on one intro entry with no likes and 1200+ views. I posted some fly patterns. A few hundred views. No comments. No likes. That's .025% of the viewers who thought enough to say something. 1 out of 400. If I went to a party with 400 people there, and only one came up to me and said welcome and hello while the other 399 just looked at me and ignored me I'd consider the people pretty unfriendly and unsocial.

osseous

Reaction score
Quality is head and shoulders above any other I've found.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Flyfisher for men

Reaction score
A great site!.

The only criticism: We don't have enough Abel nippers discussions. :D Specifically, we need to find a way to add a bottle opener to those things.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
It is a good place, If you want to find just the right gear, or learn all those things in fly fishing you ever wondered about, Get better at casting and fishing, its all here. Everyone I have met in person from the forum either fishing or at expos and claves were awesome .

The only other active forum I really like is the fiberglass flyrodders.

I hope everyone is getting out and getting into some good fly fishing.

cooutlaw

Reaction score
The Question is....should we order the bottle opener in the custom brook or brown trout finish for an additional $100, or just get one of the anodized color options?:noidea:

Per the forum...I think we can all agree that we have terrific moderators, quality members, and that it is filled with experienced and knowledgeable anglers and generally all around good folks. There's usually a reason people stick around, like parties...if the atmosphere and culture aren't pleasant they move on to the next one.....this is a good party.

trout stalker

Reaction score
I agree that this forum is the best for fly fishing. I really enjoy how everyone acts mature and quick to help and give suggestions. I would probally say that over all out of the other type of forums I am on this one is the best.

ddb

Reaction score
Amen.

The moderators deserve a lot of credit for holding the line w/o giving users a sense of heavy handedness.

It is a model site IMO.

I've seen it go both ways -- no adult supervision and arbitrary domineering. It gets real scary on some gun sites.

Good work!
ddb

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Man, I hope we all realize how fortunate we are to have this site. I've been on 3 other different fly fishing forums. One was very hostile. The other two are just plain unfriendly or unsocial. I posted on both in the "introduction" forum pages (didn't bother posting on the hostile site). One of them I think I got maybe 30 views. No welcome, replies, or likes after 6 months. Haven't been back. The other one I did get one reply welcome, from the chief moderator himself, with no likes with just over 400 views. I looked at several other "new guys" from past posts on the introductions. Very few if any had any replies with anywhere from 400 - 1000+ views. The most replies I saw was 3 on one intro entry with no likes and 1200+ views. I posted some fly patterns. A few hundred views. No comments. No likes. That's .025% of the viewers who thought enough to say something. 1 out of 400. If I went to a party with 400 people there, and only one came up to me and said welcome and hello while the other 399 just looked at me and ignored me I'd consider the people pretty unfriendly and unsocial.
So you are saying you were out sneaking around and trying to cheat on us Kevin? :)

I agree with everything you said. It's important we take a little time to welcome a new member. If all us us took the time to post only a few of them each year they would be five pages long. It takes 30 seconds to say hello.

The moderators are extremely important to every quality forum I have belonged to, and I've only found a couple on this level during my 25 years of forum use. Once the proper tone is set, they don't need to read every single word we type. We are human and everybody has a bad day. The masses here generally know not to throw too much gas on a fire, and just enough of us here step up and try to play mini-mod and keep things civil. We don't have to be perfect to remain the friendliest fly fishing site you are going to find. There is a reason this place is so big.

And to the unknownflyman's point, the members are genuinely friendly and helpful people in real life. My wife always jokes "you're not coming back one of these times" when I meet up with a random internet guy out in the woods to go fishing. :) I'm about 7-0 here lol.

dharkin

Reaction score
Good people tend to do good things for others. Some people are looking for a good fight to join or the opportunity to start a fight. If that's what floats your boat, you won't like it here.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Good people tend to do good things for others. Some people are looking for a good fight to join or the opportunity to start a fight. If that's what floats your boat, you won't like it here.
That real sums it up. There are forums where the mods actually encourage and participate in aggressive posting. I'll never understand why somebody would voluntarily remain on a forum like that. I guess there is a small market for it.

dennyk

Reaction score
In the onset I looked at a couple different sites, didn't care for the BS going on there. Then I found this place and call it home. It's the only forum I belong to. Thanks to the people and the mods that keep this place first class!

Denny

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
This is my only Forum too and, for that matter, my only Social Media outlet. I strive to spend time here with all of you every day and will miss you while traveling to fish soon. But fish I must lest my credibility here decline.

proheli

Reaction score
You just add the optional bottle opener to your Yeti cooler:)
I almost purchased the bottler opener option, but it was $39.99 a month for 7 years. It didn’t escape my view that my wife was checking out handguns while I was talking to the Yeti rep.

Last edited:

runningfish

Reaction score
Ia-trouter.... it took me 3 seconds to type Hello.

I have 2 other memberships with 2 other forums, they are great forums too but never really posted anything other for WTB and FS stuffs.

mikew1959

Reaction score
You guys aren’t even real rednecks
You don’t know the side of a table trick or the belt buckle trick to open up a bottle?
?

I’ll send you a PDF file on how to do it for $10
?

mtboiler

Reaction score
You guys aren’t even real rednecks
You don’t know the side of a table trick or the belt buckle trick to open up a bottle?
��

I’ll send you a PDF file on how to do it for $10
��
If you were a real redneck, I might have some 'red' in my past, your beer bottles are screw offs! And no one opens the bottle on the side of the table or your old lady gets pissed. :rockon: