Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wich one?

1. Default wich one?

This isnt for advice, I am just curious what do you think is more important, the fly you choose or the presintation?
    I belive the later is way more important then the fly, even the wrong fly will catch a few fish when a bad cast or bad drift will only catch that trout thats blind in one eye and been smoking weed all weekend LOL
    Bear

Default Re: wich one?

Hi arfishinbear
    Most of the time I would agree with you about presentation being more important if your using a fly of the same general size as what they are feeding on. I don't think color if as important as size. Presentation would include being unseen by the fish & limiting flash, movement & loud noises, not lining the fish or slamming down the fly on top of it. Also giving the fly a drag free drift in the window... IMHO........ And them there are the fish you catch on a streamer in the middle of spinner fall right after you just fell in & the other guys you were with were laughing & stomping around....Go Figure

Neil

3. Default Re: wich one?

Quote Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
    Hi arfishinbear
    Most of the time I would agree with you about presentation being more important if your using a fly of the same general size as what they are feeding on. I don't think color if as important as size. Presentation would include being unseen by the fish & limiting flash, movement & loud noises, not lining the fish or slamming down the fly on top of it. Also giving the fly a drag free drift in the window... IMHO........ And them there are the fish you catch on a streamer in the middle of spinner fall right after you just fell in & the other guys you were with were laughing & stomping around....Go Figure

Neil
    LOL All very true

Bear,
    I'm still trying to perfect the 'Dorito fly' for those Trout with the munchies...lol

5. Default Re: wich one?

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    Bear,
    I'm still trying to perfect the 'Dorito fly' for those Trout with the munchies...lol
    LOL Just use a 3xl long streamer hook and white floss and put a nice taper to each end of the body.
    That'll fool them duds

White floss built up in the center, some work with an Orange Sharpie marker, and a coat of epoxy over the top. I think we're onto something here buddy! lol

7. Default Re: wich one?

Hahaha