Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Looking for a second rod

I'll be following this thread. I'm looking for a second rod too. I've already bought a third, forth, fifth, sixth, and seventh. None are what I was looking for, for a second rod. Let me know when you find a good one.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

2. Likes tx_newb liked this post

Another serious vote for Elkhorn. My choices would be either the NEW, I said NEW, AMP series in their 905 or 894. I have the 905 and it's an awesome med/fast rod. It'll roll cast like a dream. Also in a med/fast is their Traveler series. Not the Traveler II, but the Traveler. I have the 7' 2wt and it's a fantastic rod.

If you prefer a fast action, then look at their Traveler II series.

I have said it before, that I will put these rods up against any other mid priced rod out there. If I'm not buying a rod from Scott Rod Company, it's Elkhorn. They are under a new management and they are putting out some great products.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

4. Likes locollama liked this post

Caution! I was looking for a second rod, one to keep on the boat as a spare or one for friends visiting without a rod. i ended up buying a new Loomis for me and mine became the second rod.
    There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
    Everyone knows what they mean.
    What's more important is time that is known as the little dash in between.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by buffler razz View Post
    Caution! I was looking for a second rod, one to keep on the boat as a spare or one for friends visiting without a rod. i ended up buying a new Loomis for me and mine became the second rod.
    So which new Loomis did you get? I’m picturing a new Asquith and you having to explain to a spouse or other companion why it is worth that much money.

Congratulations anyway.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by sparsegraystubble View Post
    So which new Loomis did you get? Iím picturing a new Asquith and you having to explain to a spouse or other companion why it is worth that much money.

Congratulations anyway.

Don
    Thanks. NRX LP 9 ft 5 wt. No explaining needed. Mrs Buffler Razz likes to fish too. She views elk hair caddis flys like her sisters do earrings. If I could only get her to take a turn at the oars!
    There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
    Everyone knows what they mean.
    What's more important is time that is known as the little dash in between.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by buffler razz View Post
    Thanks. NRX LP 9 ft 5 wt. No explaining needed. Mrs Buffler Razz likes to fish too. She views elk hair caddis flys like her sisters do earrings. If I could only get her to take a turn at the oars!
    Very nice rod. Enjoy it.

And with a wife like that you should get her one also.

Best wishes,

Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12