Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Keeping A Log Book?

I've tried to keep a log a few times in the past. Lasts about 3 trips and I forget about it.
    Lee Orr - Maker
    304 Rod Company

www.304rodcompany.com

i didnt read this whole thing, just skimmed through it so sorry if this has been asked. but...

is there something similar to a log for an iphone/droid app? i cant ever find any good fly fishing apps and it would be sweet to be able to take a pic of my fish, log everything and then continue.

I went the digital route. I just use a word document and record a few things about the outing. Weather, time of day, stream conditions and what worked. When visiting a new spot I put directions, access and where to park. When I find a new spot I want to try I put a note to self and highlight it. I can insert a map, photos etc. When researching a new purchase I paste links or spec sheets from the company website. Scanned copies of warranty cards go in there. Everything fishing goes in there. I like the ability to use a search function so I don't have to skim the whole document when looking for something. In the winter when it is too cold to fish I read over the last season's notes and it gets me stoked for spring.
    Rich

I keep a great photo & mpeg log, and I've been meaning to keep a log book. THis thread got me to order one the other day, I'll put it into action this coming weekend!

No log book here. Now when my memory starts to go I may staet...... Then again if my memory is bad; I might forget where I put such a book

Blog Entries

Someone mentioned Journals and so I gave this thread some life.....................

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

ard,
    i have recently purchased, or i should say my wife purchased, a small portable sized log book for myself.
    one of my new years resolutions is going to be a daily log into my journal regardless of what else may be going on.
    i used to write in logs/journals pretty much all my jr. high/high school days and well into my college years as well. (just takes a few minutes).
    so i say fire up the quill again and get to it!

some of my old scribbles

cover of one of my old books

scribbles

love this old stuff ard, thanks for making me dig it out

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

must add- not only drawings but an actual journal was kept as well
    day to day happenings and what-not

ARFE

Blog Entries

Casey,

Any and all are of value, I would expect that with your interest and work with & in art that the drawings are quite special. All of my notes are made either during or immediately following an adventure whether it was a day trip or an extended outing. You'll be glad to have the memories as the years roll on............

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

i have a log book detailing the habits and lives of grasscarp

Blog Entries

Actually I enjoy archiving threads, I even found JP's introduction thread and bumped it onto the current board This is a reasonable topic and I hope a few of our new members will consider taking time to keep a few notes.

I have tens of thousands of words stored in document files, Word - Adobe PDF's - on flash drives and backup drives and the pictures, God do I have a bunch of pictures. However, those old journals, the misspelled words, the scribbled lines, dog eared pages and water stains; yeah, now that's a record. The field journal speaks of history, the old school way of making a record. Think of it this way, can you imagine your children after you are gone, handing your grandchildren a 'flash drive' saying this was your Grandfathers

Leave a book

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast