Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Frank Smethurst

Default Frank Smethurst

Does Frank Smethurst still guide in Colorado? If so, where and through whom? I have watched him on TU On The Rise and Fly Fishing Profiles and he looks like he would be fun to fish with.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Frank Smethurst

I don't know how old this is, but I found this story on a goggle search, basically it says he used to guide out of the Telluride area and is now a sales rep for Scott Rod Company. It also mentions he used to guide out of Telluride Angler Fly Shop, you might try contacting them.

Frank Smethurst - Brookside Flies

Larry

3. Default Re: Frank Smethurst

There is a phone number and email for Frank listed on the Scott Pro Staff page. hand crafted, high performance fly rods - scott fly rod company

Good luck y'all, on top of his show filming duties, he's got a whole new job now too.- Smethurst Successfully Spawns THE WIRE | FELT SOUL MEDIA
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

There's an interview with Frank in the latest issue of This is Fly | Fly Fishing Magazine I suppose I should throw in that he may not be the ideal role model for upstanding adult behavior, but the characters in life and media generally aren't.

For those interested in guiding, he mentioned that he's looking forward to returning to his southern CO terr as a tackle rep. Given how the industry's going in general, that means he may be more eager than usual to book guided trips.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.