Anyone heard of the L2A Fly Reel?

Tommy Boy

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to purchase a new reel and came across this website for this reel called the L2A Fly Reel. Does anyone have any feedback on this reel?
Here is the link below....

Thanks

The Fly Shop

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
The web site shows:
L2a for 4/5 lines = 4.8 oz
L2a for 5/6 lines = 6.0 oz

Lamson Litespeed 2 for 4/5/6 lines = 3.8 oz
Ross Evo 1.5 for 3/4/5 lines = 3.8 oz
Ross Cimarron Large Arbor for 4/5/6 lines = 4.7 oz

Ross and Lamson made in USA.
L2A most likely made overseas at that price point ($50 less than a Cimarron)

Larry

GRN

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to purchase a new reel and came across this website for this reel called the L2A Fly Reel. Does anyone have any feedback on this reel?

Thanks

The Fly Shop
You should ask about the manufacturing, chances are good that it's being made for them by another player in the market if made in the US (but they don't look familiar)... that might give you more to go by.

pc40chas

Reaction score
between those reels i would go with the lamson litespeed. they have a ceramic conical drag system, and stainless roller clutch system with no spike start ups when that fish takes off. not to mention the hard alox finish. i just bought the lamson(waterworks) ula force in an 8wt. it only weighs 3.9 oz. it was pricey but between the construction, the weight and the beautiful appearance i will now enjoy my fishing that much more. my wife often calls me "go big or go home" . when it comes to fishing gear i dont like to settle for second best. if you cant afford what you want, save until you can. get out that old coffee can and stuff it full of change, as we talked about at another post youll be surprised at how fast it adds up.

saltflytyer

Reaction score

Thanks

The Fly Shop
It is made by Targus fly's. They also make a house brand reel. Some people are not very happy with the ethics of Targus because they name their hooks the exact same as Tiemco, and mislead people into thinking they are the same as tiemco because they are built in the same factory in Japan.
Yes, most hooks are made in a hub of japan, and yes targus hooks are probably made at the same factory, but the tiemco hooks are more expensive because of the steel they use.

The Fly Shop in Redding California is one of the top fly shops in the nation, one of the top staffed. BUT! the owner of the fly shop is a investor of Targus