Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
  1. Default Best Eats in West Yellowstone in October

Will be out in west Yellowstone in early October , and by then things start closing down and it becomes thin pickins. Anybody have any suggestions

2. Likes Tippetsnap liked this post

Default Re: Best Eats in West Yellowstone in October

The Taco food truck is very good if they are still open at that time.

Beartooth Barbeque on North Canyon has excellent smoked brisket. Don't know if they're open in Oct or not.
    Zackdog lives.

its a lil ways from west yellowstone but on the way up to big sky bucks t4 is great. not a cheap meal but the food is great.

I have the unimaginably good fortune to have a house in the "outskirts" of West Yellowstone. The best food in West is at my house but i wont be there so you're SOL. The commercial culinary options in West Y. are shall we say: "limited".

Here is PLan B: I only eat at three places, maybe 4.

Best restaurant is the Spanish place called Cafe Madriz, right next door to Blue Ribbon Flies on Canyon on north end of town. Lots of good stuff on menu, and you can do takeout if you insist. I do not recall when they close for the winter.

Best pizza is Wild West, just off of Boundary, i think on Madison; eat in the bar and avoid the lines. Pizza, lasagna, mac n cheese. And a good beer menu.

There is a new bbq place, name forgotten, on south side of Firehole, no more than say 100 or so yards off of Canyon. i really like the ribs, pork, brisket and all of the sides.

There is a taco truck in the same area give or take 50 yards; it is pretty good. There is another taco truck on Canyon; have not eaten there in 3-4 years but i remember it is okay too. If you are a serious Mex food fan those taco trucks will seem like ... well, a lot of pretty good Mex food warmed up in microwave ovens -- because that is what they are.

Go to West for fishing ---- not for the dining options!!! Enjoy the fishing!!!

7. Likes iv_wjb liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by wthorpe View Post
    I have the unimaginably good fortune to have a house in the "outskirts" of West Yellowstone. The best food in West is at my house but i wont be there so you're SOL. The commercial culinary options in West Y. are shall we say: "limited".

Here is PLan B: I only eat at three places, maybe 4.

Best restaurant is the Spanish place called Cafe Madriz, right next door to Blue Ribbon Flies on Canyon on north end of town. Lots of good stuff on menu, and you can do takeout if you insist. I do not recall when they close for the winter.

Best pizza is Wild West, just off of Boundary, i think on Madison; eat in the bar and avoid the lines. Pizza, lasagna, mac n cheese. And a good beer menu.

There is a new bbq place, name forgotten, on south side of Firehole, no more than say 100 or so yards off of Canyon. i really like the ribs, pork, brisket and all of the sides.

There is a taco truck in the same area give or take 50 yards; it is pretty good. There is another taco truck on Canyon; have not eaten there in 3-4 years but i remember it is okay too. If you are a serious Mex food fan those taco trucks will seem like ... well, a lot of pretty good Mex food warmed up in microwave ovens -- because that is what they are.

Go to West for fishing ---- not for the dining options!!! Enjoy the fishing!!!
    Agreed with the above. Good fortune is correct. Three bear isn't a bad breakfast joint. The Grizzly Bar in Cameron is pricey but good. I second the pizza at Wild West. I think Campfire Lodge is closed in October, shame, another good breakfast joint. Usually while out there I eat a BIG breakfast and then fish the rest of the day, eating lunch on the river and maybe a camp stove for dinner. GL!

9. Likes wthorpe liked this post

I agree on Campfire Lodge; i forgot about it. Great brft. good lunch. dont serve dinner. Terriffic location a few feet from the Madison, Between the Lakes. In summer waits at brft time on weekends are pretty much intolerable. I dont know when they close for the winter. i also like Running Bear on Madison for brft which i htink is different from your Three Bear place, which i think i have seen but not tried.