New guy from Canada

Troutseeker

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

As stated in the title I am new to the forum although I have viewed the forum on several occasions so I decided it would be a good idea to join up. For some information about myself I am from New Brunswick, Canada and enjoy fly fishing mainly for trout (mainly Rainbows and Brookies). I also tie my own flies and you might be interested to know that I am expanding my tying abilities and have started making nymphs and wets, as influenced by this site actually. I have always been a huge fan of fishing dry flies (got that from the person who got me into fly fishing), and always will be, but I have learned that when they aren't taking the dry it just makes more sense to go subsurface to make the time out more successful. Overall I have fly fished for about 10 years on and off, just never got into it over those years although I enjoyed it. However over the past couple of years I have become fully addicted and have started to learn more and fix my casting issues I have had problems with over the years.

The information you all provide is very helpful and hopefully I will be able to help others in my time on this site.

Jeff

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to your posts. Be sure to keep a look out for the next fly swap, we would love to have you join in, its lots of fun to see all of the flies tied from all over!

Larry

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us and decided to join in. I don't recall another member from New Brunswick. You will have to share some pictures with us.

Frank

Troutseeker

Reaction score
Hello Larry and Frank,

Thanks for the welcome. As well I will post some pictures on here, I think I figured it out. You may notice a couple are quite late in the day. These are just a few I have scanned since my friend and I don't have a digital, although a waterproof digital looks like a good possibility in the future. I will over time post some good photos of some of my favorite spots and try to get some more fish pics up sometime. Can't wait for the season to start. :fishing:

As well I might just have to get involved in one of those fly swaps one day.

Jeff

Attachments

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff

Great looking photos, thanks for sharing! I've never been to New Brunswick, so when does your season start?

Larry

Troutseeker

Reaction score
Hello Larry,

The trout season starts April 15. From what I have heard from others our season is messed up since it ends on Sept. 15. so it is short here compared to a lot of places I know of and hear about, natural resources told me it was for spawning reasons. Anyway if you are ever heading up to NB let me know, we could try a few spots. In fact if anyone is headed this way and wants to give the fishing a try let me know, depending on the water conditions it can be really good. My friend and I have found some spots without a lot of pressure that have some bows in the range of 16" to about 20" but a lot can be in the range of 16-18", some smaller ones of course, and they love to run and jump. As well the species here, at least what I fish for, are Rainbows, Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Salmon, Sea Trout, and if your interested there are some small mouth bass. Mostly I fish for the Rainbows, Brookies, and the Browns (they can be tricky).

Jeff