Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  94
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blown Away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Blown Away!

Wow! Great fish, Cindy. Sitting on the bank, laughing? I've done that and then looked around to make sure nobody was watching.

Thanks,
    steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

"Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

2. Likes hairwing530, cpiercem liked this post

Well done Cindy! Would that brookie constitute as a state record you think? I am so very happy for you.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

4. Likes hairwing530, cpiercem liked this post

Awesome fish. Nicely done and kudos on your handling of the fish!
    There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
    Everyone knows what they mean.
    What's more important is time that is known as the little dash in between.

Razz

6. Likes hairwing530, cpiercem liked this post
    Blog Entries

Beautiful fish Cindy-Congratulations!

Based on your pictures and accurate length you should have a form mount done of it.

Denny

8. Likes hairwing530, cpiercem liked this post

That's a big girl brookie right there Cindy. That fish is thick! Not sure I've even seen a two pounder on the water yet.

10. Likes hairwing530, cpiercem liked this post

I am so glad I got a couple of pictures of her. One of my first thoughts was "If I lose this fish NO ONE will ever believe me!"

Actually I am glad to be able to share pictures of her with all of you, because I was so amazed, and I feel that just her sheer size and beauty are HER accomplishments and deserve to be lauded. The fact that I was lucky enough to catch her is very very secondary. On her behalf I thank you all for your kind comments.

Later I did wonder about what the record was. It was 24.5 inches, 9lb 11oz, set in 1976 at Green River Lake. Doesn't matter though, there wasn't any way I could bring myself to keep her even though I have eaten hundreds of brook trout in my lifetime.

I was so stunned for the rest of the day that I can't even remember what else I caught.
    Last edited by cpiercem; 09-24-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Cindy

Congrats on a great fish. Dry fly eats by big fish are definitely ď didnít see that coming ď moments. What fun!

13. Likes cpiercem liked this post
    Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your way thru
    Blog Entries

Wow Cindy, congrats��. That’s is certainly a memory and a story that you can enjoy forever. A great reminder that you just never know what awaits the next cast

15. Likes cpiercem liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cpiercem View Post
    I am so glad I got a couple of pictures of her. One of my first thoughts was "If I lose this fish NO ONE will ever believe me!"

Actually I am glad to be able to share pictures of her with all of you, because I was so amazed by her, and I feel that just her shear size and beauty are HER accomplishments and deserve to be lauded. The fact that I was lucky enough to catch her is very very secondary. On her behalf I thank you all for your kind comments.

Later I did wonder about what the record was. It was 24.5 inches, 9lb 11oz, set in 1976 at Green River Lake. Doesn't matter though, there wasn't any way I could bring myself to keep her even though I have eaten hundreds of brook trout in my lifetime.

I was basically so stunned for the rest of the day that I can't even remember what else I caught.
    You are among friends and we would believe you if you told us you caught a way above average brookie. But pics are good,,, and a length helps keep an accurate memory because they very rarely look as large as they actually were. State records don't matter much. Those are always freak of nature, once in a lifetime fish, the result of a million angler's work. Never mind the fact the documentation was often a little sketchy in the old days. JMO, but I suspect many of those fish would "lose more than a little weight", if properly documented today. We'll never know for sure and it doesn't matter so much.

You caught an awesome fish and I'm glad you shared the memory.

17. Thanks cpiercem thanked for this post
    Likes dennyk liked this post

Great fish Cindy.

A brookie like that is something that will stick with you for years. Especially from a stream setting with a dry. You may play that fish over and over again in your dreams.

Congratulations,

Don

19. Likes cpiercem liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast