Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Hello and a question about Orvis Ultralight Waders

Quote Originally Posted by munsonbw View Post
    For anyone that stumbles into this for the words Orvis and Ultralight, I tried on their Ultralight boots and found them to fit much smaller (at least 1.5 sizes) than their other models and narrower.
    That's strange, I found they fit larger on me. To each their own.
    I really like the ultralight boots, as I do a lot of hiking to get to some of my fishing spots, and they are lighter than anything else I've owned.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't wonder how dreary this world would be if elk were bald and birds had no feathers.
    - Hank Patterson

Blog Entries

Hi Ben, I can't give you much advice on the Orvis waders, I've been using my old Cabela's breathable sock foot waders for a few years now. But anyway-Welcome to the forum!!

Denny

Quote Originally Posted by hollisd View Post
    Hey Ben I went to Sewanee not too far from you.

Ultralight is just that and you're not in a position to give up durability especially if you don't need the pack factor.

Right now I don't think you can do better than Simms's new entry level waders the Tributary or Soul River variant which are $180.

You sound like the prime market for these and I think they would serve you better than Orvis Ultralight. You want waders that can take a beating and last.

You also might get away with wading pants if you don't go above your waist. In the Alabama heat they might treat you well if you fish smaller water.

Simms's Freestone waders and pants are both under $300 - I really like the Freestone line across the board as an entry point.

Good luck and Roll Tide
    ...which is exactly why I gave the Soul River waders to my daughter on her 21st birthday yesterday. They appear to be a fantastic value, and I am thinking of picking up a pair myself for wading in warmer temperature waters. My G3 Guide waders are a bit overkill at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12