Great Customer Service Experience with Hatch !!

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Most of my reels have almost always been Abel or Ross, except for my earlier Hardys and one Nautilus.

Over the last year or two I have also added a couple Hatch's to the mix, most recently I bought a new 2plus Finatic from an online fly shop and when the reel arrived to me it had a "stickiness" to the rotation and marginal free spooling. I called the shop that I bought it from and within 15 minutes the Hatch rep called me and I explained the situation, 15 minutes later James from corporate customer service called me to coordinate things and 20 minutes later I had a prepaid call tag in my email.

The very day the reel arrived to Hatch I received another call from James stating they too were unsatisfied with the reels performance and would be shipping me a new reel, which he had already checked out and was performing as it should.

Two business days later, today, I received a new Hatch 2plus, that works wonderfully, and a Hatch baseball cap, a Hatch boat decal, and two Hatch stickers.

I'm impressed, awesome communication, real live people assisting me, and I can't say enough good things about my first service need experience with Hatch....just handled perfectly and truly a first rate experience.

Last edited:

dennyk

Reaction score
Thanks for the good report. I'm a fan of my Hatch reels myself and I have all Gen 1's-no problems at all. I did have 3 times that I called Hatch with various questions and my concerns were answered in a courteous and professional manner.

Denny

edreilly

Reaction score
Glad to hear. I have and use 3 Hatch reels and have never had any reason to seek assistance but it is great to know if I do, they are so responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fffl

Reaction score
It took me awhile to finally change to hatch but I made the right move. The gen ii hatch is the finest reel I,ve ever owned. I have a few able TR2 click & pawl for my three wts. that I like. Maybe hatch should make a click & pawl for the lighter line weights.