Caution: Stolen boat

dryfly87

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Still new to the site but I thought I'd post this for my sake and anyone looking at buying a drift boat. I recently had my Hyde signature series drift boat stolen from me while fishing the South Holston river below the Weir Dam. Just trying to put the word out. From what I have heard boats can travel far quickly so even you guys out west may run into it. Quick description: 06, maroon/white, G4, only floated 4 times so looks new. Also, big rip in the guide seat that I glued a piece of clear vynal over, maroon color matched trailer, all options. Thanks guys

P.S. Homeowners insurance will only cover $1500 of any stolen boat in the great state of NC.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a photo, that would make it a lot easier for someone to spot. Sorry again about your loss!

Larry

franzenangler

Reaction score
Tell Rod Champion at the South Holston River Fly Shop. He'll be able to get the word out around the area. Also do you mind if I copy this thread for you on a forum I use that's all about the SouthEast? Half the guys on it fish the Holston on a regular basis.

Jimmie

Reaction score
Either on here or somewhere else there was a guy talking about checking e-Bay and Craigslist. He found his stolen fly rod after it was posted for sale within a couple of days. He said that they caught the guy but didn't say anything about getting his rod. Worth a try. I hope that you get it back.

ant

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that! I'm going to repost this with a link back to this thread, in the event that someone has info and can contact you directly.

Let's hope that Karma decides to be a MoFo.

franzenangler

Reaction score
How long ago was the boat stolen? The owner of the aforementioned shop asked if it was the same one from a few months ago. So obviously there has been someon targeting boats in the area.

dryfly87

Reaction score
Yes, My boat was the one that was stolen a few months ago. I told Rod and I sent out an e-mail blast to alot of the local guide shops. I check Craigslist and ebay at least once a week. I'm going to work in Yellowstone next summer for one of the lodges, I sure would like to find my boat by then. I dont think ill have the funds to buy another boat by then.

Thanks for the replies.