Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  86
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Colorado Getting Hammered By Snow- Be Safe Folks !!

just shoveled snow for over 2 1/2 hours....at least the fish will get a break for about a week and maybe get a little bit dumber by the next time we all hit the water again in Colorado...

2. Likes cooutlaw, cpiercem, hairwing530 liked this post

Snow? You call this snow? I laugh at this snow, ha ha. Bring it on, bring it on I say! Is this the best you can do? Snow dang it!

Just got finished snow blowing the driveway, sidewalk, my neighbors driveway and walk, plus the walk across the street. We got a good 16" I'd say for the moment.

I deserve a new rod.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    I hope this polar vortex jet stream anomaly is not the beginning of a pattern. Stay safe, Coloradans.
    I hope it's a pattern. Lots and lots of water!!

5. Likes scotty macfly, mcnerney, omas liked this post

I think we are supposed to get 12-14" overnight and its supposed to snow until next week. Nothing unusual, Snow.

7. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cooutlaw View Post
    Telluride only got 12"s so far....the rod might still get out of there.....but, for instance, Estes Park got 31"s (so far) and Fort Collins and the roads North toward you took the brunt of it.....I would be anticipating some delay. Congrats on the rod!
    Thank you, sir! May be too cold to hit the river but I was hoping to at least do some snow casting with it. That's like lawn casting only on the white stuff. Anxious to see if my Rio Gold or old SL 444 Cortland feels best on it.
    Snow? You call this snow? I laugh at this snow, ha ha. Bring it on, bring it on I say! Is this the best you can do? Snow dang it!
    Couldn't agree more, Scotty, 3 winters ago it was so bad with 4'+ drifts due to wind that we bought a used New Holland skid steer with an 82" bucket so I'm armed and mucho dangerous. Of course since we spent the bucks, the last 2 winters we've only had about 3 or 4 six inchers. Good for unloading pallets of stove pellets, etc, though.

9. Likes cooutlaw, mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scotty macfly View Post

Just got finished snow blowing the driveway, sidewalk, my neighbors driveway and walk, plus the walk across the street. We got a good 16" I'd say for the moment.

I deserve a new rod.

If you are bored and looking for an additional conquest Scotty just truck on down 60 or so miles south and I'll have another 3/4 mile of road and 400' of driveway you can clear if you'd like? My plow truck ( a 1975 GMC 1 ton 4x4 single rear wheel 454cu in, flatbed lifted on 36" tires and chained up) made it from my outbuilding up and around the pasture and through the trees before a sizable field of 3-4' drifts decided to prohibit forward movement while pushing 1500-2000 lbs of snow with an 8 1/2' blade....plow raised, 4wd low range, 1st gear and no pushing snow allowed me to cut a trail and get up to the driveway. BUT.....it's still snowing...so...I guess I'll wait for daylight and hit her again in the morning. Oh.....and yah....you do deserve a new rod....tell your wife I said it's ok...you know...Holidays, Christmas, and all your hard work and all that .

11. Likes el jefe, jdwy, Matt4.0, mcnerney liked this post

Junior made it today. Just got off the phone and said it was A-OK. Just took it easy and heís back at his apartment.

He just sent me this picture. I was outside in shorts working on his boat today.

F9E20233-DF33-49AF-B77F-7E80D62DBA84.jpg

And again itís sideways! WTH?
    Last edited by Ard; 11-27-2019 at 12:10 AM.

13. Likes cooutlaw, mcnerney liked this post

Well this is weird. I just ordered the Scott yesterday and he shipped it yesterday afternoon from Telluride and the UPS tracking site first thing this morning said delivery this Fri. which makes sense. After you all CO guys discussed the heavy snowfall, and maybe freight would be held up, I rechecked UPS tracking twice now at 3:30 and delivery date is now tomorrow, Wed. Figure that out?

15. Likes scotty macfly, mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdwy View Post
    Well this is weird. I just ordered the Scott yesterday and he shipped it yesterday afternoon from Telluride and the UPS tracking site first thing this morning said delivery this Fri. which makes sense. After you all CO guys discussed the heavy snowfall, and maybe freight would be held up, I rechecked UPS tracking twice now at 3:30 and delivery date is now tomorrow, Wed. Figure that out?
    Maybe UPS skipped trucking it and flew it instead. Or it came up through Pueblo....who knows....now it's just gotta get North up I-25 somehow....287 is closed...if tracking shows Cheyenne or beyond you are in the clear. Congrats again, the GS905 is a great rod.

PS: We didn't even get mail today...so....I think the other guess is you must just be livin' right .

17. Likes jdwy, mcnerney liked this post

Well, nobody's ever accused me of the living right thing, but who knows? I was wondering about the air freight also. It will be interesting to find out tomorrow.

19. Likes cooutlaw, mcnerney liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast