Hiatus

kevind62

Reaction score
Greetings. Sorry for the unannounced hiatus. Trying to get used to this retirement thing and a few other things going on since the last trip.

Repairing one of my "optic enhancers". ;) Online looking for a part and surfed the forum for the first time in a while. Enjoying a fresh cup of Juan Valdez from one of my many souvenir mugs.
IMG_5358.jpg

A bit "off-topic" but I highly recommend AIM tactical optics and accessories. I've had this laser for 6 years. Cousin borrowed it last year and accidentally pulled the wire to the pressure switch out of it. Connected with their customer service to see if I could order a replacement. Guy said "we don't sell parts, but I'll put a new one and a spare in the mail to you today." No questions, no charge for parts or shipping. I told the guy how old it was. Didn't matter. I was very pleased and impressed to say the least. It's a quality product and deadly accurate.

Sorry, back to fly fishing. :D

Anyway, lots going on. Son is getting engaged to a wonderful young lady, Thanksgiving holiday cooking, pecan harvest, updating my market strategy, and then this amazing little thing comes in to our lives. Grandchild unit #1. :D She's been occupying about 80% of my time right now. Amazing how something so small can infuse so much distraction into your plans. :D

17.jpg

I'll be back on the fly fishing trail soon. Wife just bought a 65" TV for the bedroom. She's feeling a bit guilty so she's trying to encourage me to take another fishing trip anywhere I want. :D Decisions, decisions. Ok McNerney, I've got the green light, where we going??? :fishing: :D

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Hey Kev,

Congrats on all of the above !! Sounds like life is treating you well buddy, savor those moments !!

PS: If you refill that cup in person tell Tracy and Barb at the Moose hi for me.

JDR

Reaction score
The only thing I can say about grandchildren is this: If I had known how much fun they are, I would have started with them first!

It took me a couple of years to really get comfortable with retirement. There were times I got pretty bored and thought about getting a job. But then I remembered that I'm not a quitter, so I am still retired.

dennyk

Reaction score
Welcome back Kevin! Congratulation on the new grand daughter!!

I LOVE retirement, I don't have time to work anymore!

Denny

Bigfly

Reaction score
Kev, that explains why you haven't stopped by to get a drift.......you are already having fun.
Maybe next year!

Jim