Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Attaching wading staff to vest/belt

I emailed Simms and told them I tore the neopreme holster for my wading staff and could I buy a new one. They just sent me a new one for free. Obviously I owe them one for that. I use it to hold my Black Diamond FLZ pole which I use for backpacking and as a wading staff. I use a retractor to suck it back in when I let go of it or drop it when it is not in its holster. I just clip both ends to split rings that I threaded in place.
    My best vacation is your worst nightmare. After all, it's only really fun if it is at least Type 2 fun.

2. Thanks Txbart thanked for this post

This looks like it would work. You can also just get the belt. The thing I like about the switchback wading belt system from Fishpond is the shoulder strap. It will stop the belt from sliding down, especially if you start hanging gear off of it. Switchback Wading Belt System You can also slide the wading staff behind you if you want it out of the way. This little accessory rod holder looks pretty handy too. Quikshot Rod Holder 2.0
    Todd

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    ~ Doug Larson

4. Thanks Txbart thanked for this post
    Likes iv_wjb liked this post

I liked the looks of the Switchback Wading system so I just bought one . It looks as though one can add a bear spray bottle or pistol on the opposite side . Thanks for adding the link .

6. Thanks Txbart thanked for this post
    Likes ts47 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jigsup View Post
    I liked the looks of the Switchback Wading system so I just bought one . It looks as though one can add a bear spray bottle or pistol on the opposite side . Thanks for adding the link .
    You're welcome. And yes, they have a few different accessories that will attach to their belt. I can't speak to a holster, but don't see why one couldn't be added. It is a pretty universal design that should work with accessories from multiple companies. I have an Orvis wading staff and holster that looks like it would attach just fine. Full disclosure... I have not tried yet. I'll likely buy the two items I linked to above. I haven't seen anything else that seems like it would work better for my purposes. Hopefully it will work for you too.
    Todd

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    ~ Doug Larson

8. Thanks jigsup thanked for this post

I have an inexpensive Sportsmans warehouse folding staff. The holster hangs on my right side, the curly cord is attached to the holster. The cord is long enough so's to allow the staff to be used with either hand but doesn't get in the way.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

I been using my Orvis safe passage hip pack and a Mini Gear Keeper that has held up so well. Attached is my dear Grandmother's Bamboo Cane that I use. She was 93. Helps me think of her every time.
    Sometimes you eat the Bear & sometimes the Bear eats you

11. Likes iv_wjb, dennyk liked this post

I have an inexpensive wading staff in a Kool Bak wading staff holster. The staff has a curly cord coming out of the top section with a metal ring at the end. I loop that around a 1 1/2 inch wading belt and secure with a caribiner. This is hard to visualize so I took a photo.

I've said it before but I think it's worth repeating -- this Kool Bak thing is the best 25 bucks I have ever spent. I'm going to get a couple more, for guests and in case I lose one.

13. Likes dennyk liked this post

I have so little imagination that I never got past para cord and a french snap, but then I use my walking staff for wading too. I guess I am just simple minded.

15. Likes MichaelCPA liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    I have so little imagination that I never got past para cord and a french snap, but then I use my walking staff for wading too. I guess I am just simple minded.
    Not at all. Keep it simple, and focus on fishing. I also use an old aluminum ski pole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12