Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locating Trout

Blog Entries

Default Re: Locating Trout

Quote Originally Posted by treetrout View Post
    I just bought my first fly rod this past fall. I spent a good part of the fall reading up on fly fishing basics and practicing casting in my front lawn. I have spent some time on the internet research NJ hatch charts but I have only hit the water a few times but have not had any success yet. During the times that I am out on on the water I find myself wondering if there are really any fish where I am standing, and spend a lot of time moving to different spots where I think there might be fish. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what type of spots I should be targeting?
    Tree,

I just brought the "Finding a big brown trout" thread back to the board. The posts to it might be of some help to you.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

2. Default Re: Locating Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Yours are common questions. I think that I spent years doing the bouncing around the stream like you discribe. Now days there is so much more information on where the fish are hanging out. One good book that is all about how to fish different sections of water is "Trout Rigs and Methods". Wish that I would have read one of these in the earlier years. Back then some of us were pointing at the other guy saying, how does he do it. Now I know that he learned it somewhere.
    Dave Hughes is one of my all time favorite fly fishing authors. I own this book also and think it is an excellent resource.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12