Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  44
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Interfering Adds

Quote Originally Posted by iv_wjb View Post
    I promised myself I would not add to this thread as I have already said enough but, I had exactly the same experience, FWIW.

I would encourage anyone having similar problems to give the Brave web browser a try, if only for this forum.
    Yep. I followed someones advice, maybe iv_wjb's, and Brave completely handled it. I love having the screen stable again. Brave also offers some other privacy options for someone who wants to participate in those areas of internet protection or start learning about them. For example, using DuckDuckGo for a search engine that does not track your searches, or pairing with the TOR browser for anonymous internet browsing.

I come here less because of all the adds. A annual fee would be nicer than all the garbage that pops up. I also look at 6 other forums that don't have adds, mostly fishing forums. Now I'm getting adds popping up in the forum with a post.
    Last edited by rockriver; 02-22-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Using the Adguard extension in Chrome freed me from Ads on this site.... One doesn't have to install and buy the application, merely install the extension for your browser.
    finem respice
    Tom Morgan :::
    "I would say there is quite a bit of crossover in that a good rod is a good rod is a good rod. What you are really looking at are attributes and characteristics.... I have really strong convictions that you need to make a rod that is going to fish for Trout in the 20 to 55 foot range. If it doesn't really bend or flex for that, then you have got the wrong rod. So with any one of the materials the characteristics of the rod in my opinion should still be the same."

4. Likes craigthor, MCHammer liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Here's some food for thought regarding Paid Membership to a forum. We have here a fairly good group of active members who seldom need any type moderation at all. Now imagine a guy who paid 30 bucks to post here being told that he is getting out of line in his dialog. I want a refund would be the very next thing typed.
    As an administrator, I'd gladly give it to him and remove his account. That sounds like a cheap and effective way of keeping the content quality of the site high.
    FFi Certified Casting Instructor

Failing to practice is practicing to fail.

6. Likes jdwy liked this post

Think I will move on, can not even read anything on here or type this!

I am using a Mac Pro with Safari, Ad Block Plus and Duck Duck Go for a search engine. I get adds for McAfee anti fraud software that comes and goes on the right side of the screen and takes up about 1/4 of the width.

I also have that X in the low right corner than when closed will allow more screen to the bottom.

9. Thanks MCHammer thanked for this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456