How to Pee With Your Waders On

buffler razz

Reaction score

osseous

Reaction score
That suspender tip is much appreciated! Gonna give it a go. A little concerned that this may qualify for auto-erotic evacuation....but what happens on the river, stays on the river!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

luj333

Reaction score
Zip up waders. I always joked about them until I got a pair of G4Zs and realized how awesome they are.

strmanglr scott

Reaction score
I agree luj333, got a new pair of zippered waders.

I haven't read the article but let me guess on the suspenders. With wading belt unhooked, unhook suspenders, take the two ends that come over your shoulders and click them together in front of your neck. Now the waders will come down far enough and your not digging around to find your suspenders.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really get cabin fever but the topic is one I had to click. I didn't read the linked article because I've been wearing chest waders since 1977 and have it pretty well figured out at this point. I am however considering the G$Z for my new wader because one thing that seems to come along with aging is that some days you just have to go more often. I've coped with this by limiting the fluid intake.

bob3700

Reaction score
Here is how to save yourself some money on zippered waders and keep the one's you have from getting pee'd on.

Go to your local autoparts store and look for the small/long plastic funnels that are sold for pouring additives into your fuel tank. They don't take up much room in a sling pack and successfully "Extend" your stream over your waders. You can do a quick rinse of the funnel with your water bottle. Nice and "Easy Pee zy".

jzim

Reaction score
I always pee while fighting a big fish. This won't help.

jzim

Reaction score
All joking aside, I'm 67 and had BPH. I would have to stop every half hour or so and drop my waders to relieve myself. Had surgery to fix it in last spring. I have yet to have to stop and relieve myself on 3-4 hour trips to the river.

chechem

Reaction score
For heaven's sake, just use a wide-mouthed water bottle.
Just jam it down your waders and pee freely into it. Nobody can even see the stream, as they can with zippered waders.
Helps to wear sweat pants, but you can manage with jeans too.
Done it for years, both while standing in streams and aboard my inflatable pontoon boat.

djfan

Reaction score
Then, there's the feature of really cold Wyoming fishing days . . . .

proheli

Reaction score
For heaven's sake, just use a wide-mouthed water bottle.
Just jam it down your waders and pee freely into it. Nobody can even see the stream, as they can with zippered waders.
Helps to wear sweat pants, but you can manage with jeans too.
Done it for years, both while standing in streams and aboard my inflatable pontoon boat.
Yes, like the old WW2 bomber pilots who drank coffee like they were breathing air. A mason jar filled with foam to stop the sloshing. Then empty at your earliest convenience. I know guys who would rather do that than stop the car on a long distance road trip.