Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Fish I Would Never Eat!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
    Yes it tells me Europeans are nuts. JK
    hahaha...yes;i suppose that we are bit crazy but that I wrote above is true.
    We have carp in trout waters,cristal clear and cold waters.That carp cant compare with carp from muddy warm lakes (and we do have biggest carp lake in region,The Skadar lake).Mr ChrisinselwynNZ put recipe how to prepare carp with brine (try chocolate instead sugar sometime) but for carp from clean water you need only salt ,just like for wild trout

Blog Entries

I'll have to try the brine, if I ever catch one of the suckers. (bad pun intended)
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

3. Default Re: Fish I Would Never Eat!

I forgot to say I like eel when I go to the sushi bar, I don't know what kind of eel that is though.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
    Lots of people here class whitefish with carp and suckers, but whitefish are good smoked.
    Suckers are awesome smoked. Used to go spearing for them in the spring and get a bunch. Didn't have a smoker so a guy down the road smoked them for half the take.

Always looked forward to when they were running in the streams.

Quote Originally Posted by big_e View Post
    suckers are awesome smoked. Used to go spearing for them in the spring and get a bunch. Didn't have a smoker so a guy down the road smoked them for half the take.

Always looked forward to when they were running in the streams.
    eeewwww!!!

Thanks Madjoni I will try that some time

Chris
    "the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD

I love watching fishing videos I especially enjoy watching Tarpon Fishing videos, but I'd never spend money it takes to do it.
    Tarpon and bone fishing are the least expensive fish to fish for down here, but you have to know how to fish for them.

For me there is a reward in occassionally keeping and eating what I catch, not to mention I love eating fish. Is anyone else like this?
    Absolutely. During the summer, most of my meals are fish I've caught on a fly rod. Dolphin, blackfin tuna, snappers, hogfish, an ocassional sea trout, cero or spanish mackeral and tripletail. I will often go after dolphin mid-day during tarpon season. I nearly always kept trout caught in remote areas - and in fact, prolonged one backpack trip by 8 days, living on cutthroat trout - being young, single and self-employed at the time.

I will by-pass huge schools of albies (Florida bonita) because they are no good to eat in my opinion. I also release both large and small fish - keeping only average sized ones for the table.

I have never fished for carp, and would not compare them to bonefish.

Happy New Year,
    Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123