Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down Size?

Default Down Size?

In an attempt to down size.. I am combining fly box's of like genera IE.. Beatis ..Caddis..Stone.. Eggs & Bacon.. Streamer... Dry(big box)..etc
    I used to arrange my box's to a particular river/s I.E... Colorado (Williams Fork) Colorado (Dotsero)..Blue ..Dream ..Chees..Grey Reef..etc..

How do the rest of you arrange your Box?(there is a huge joke their but I ain't touching it)
    Just curious..and somebody posted a pick of an ubber cool bug made of weight and pink stuff but for the life of me I cant find it!!
    Here's my "Ice Breaker"

Sorry Camera phone best I gots right now
    Steve

Blog Entries

Default Re: Down Size?

I've been downsizing for over 20 years now and somehow I ended up with more boxes, flies, reels, and rods then I had when I began the effort. I should run a Government Huh?

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I've been downsizing for over 20 years now and somehow I ended up with more boxes, flies, reels, and rods then I had when I began the effort. I should run a Government Huh?
    Ard
    LOL..

King Ard..As far as I can tell you would be fair and Just..
    Can I be prince DOK? lol

Blog Entries

Some guys have a "day box" that they fill each morning or evening with what they need, and that's what they haul to the water. I carry a box each of nymphs, dries, streamers/buggers and a wallet containing nymphs and midges in size 20 and smaller.

If I tied it would be different...I carry enough bugs with me for several days fishing or multiple trips all the time...

Ard...your stuff is probably all clean and in working condition. That would never do in a governmental environment...

-Mike

Blog Entries

DOK: If you figure this one out, please let me know, I have struggled with this issue for years!

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

This is my New Years Resolution! After unpacking my vest in the fall and pulling out 8 different boxes, 7 of which I forgot I had, I am (or at least my intent is) to only carry one box on any given outing.

I even went so far and get one of the new Simms boxes with the removable inserts, so that I can organize by waters/fish and just pop them in and out.

Or at least this all sounds great in theory....
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

7. Default Re: Down Size?

Since I got the Allen CF knock off fly box that holds up to over 1200 flies I have no problem stuffing about everything I need in it. I do have a small box for tiny midges and a CF two side box for small dries. And that about rounds it up. Except of course for my DOK inspired bead storage box that contains small individual boxes that hold overflow midges (extras). Oh yeah...and my version of the Cliff's Bugger Barn that holds all my streamers. Yeah...that's it.

It's sort of nice to hear it's not just me. The only box that makes sense in my arsenal is a stillwater box; damsel nymphs, callabaetis nymphs, etc. I've got boxes witrh all dries-all nymphs-all foam flies-streamers. It's like a holding pattern that has to be moved to something else to take to the fishing spot. Oh, and then moved back. It gets frustrating. Hope to get some good ideas from you guys.

Blog Entries

The number of fly boxes seem to keep growing, then shrinking, then growing... I have both water specific and bug specific boxes. From time to time, I reorganize them. After the reorganizations, a few boxes end up empty. Those empties usually become my day boxes. Sometimes I'll put some older flies in them and give them away. Last year, I gave away a general trout box that had some flies that I hardly touched to one of my newbie friends. He didn't realize that he had over $200 in flies until his brother told him so.

MP
    Last edited by MoscaPescador; 12-30-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post

Ard
    LMAO, One problem with you running a government Ard, you're too honest...

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast