Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: COVID-19 Fishing Guidelines from TU

Update

The governor of Montana issued a state at home order on March 26, 2020. It goes into effect on Saturday, March 28 through April 10.

It contains the usual provisions for staying at home except for essential activities. It then lists the essential activities which include those that are necessary (1) for health and safety, (2) for necessary supplies and services, (3) for outdoor activity, (4) for certain types of work, and (5) to take care of others.

Under the For Outdoor Activity essential activity, the directive reads, pasted directly from the governor's executive order:

To engage in outdoor activity, provided that individuals comply with social distancing, as defined below, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, running, or biking. Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas, including public lands in Montana provided they remain open to recreation. Montanans are discouraged from outdoor recreation activities that pose enhanced risks of injury or could otherwise stress the ability of local first responders to address the COVID-19 emergency (e.g., backcountry skiing in a manner inconsistent with avalanche recommendations or in closed terrain).

I would suppose that this means a person could go fishing provided you are alone in your car and stay more than six feet away from anyone you may come near. The way I read it, it would not allow you to meet up with a guide or be in a boat with others. Consequently, I think the guidelines from Montana TU will have to be amended. I'll be curious to see if anyone posts a re-written statement that complies with our current situation.
    Last edited by mtbusman; 03-27-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    "Sometimes the least important thing about fishing is fishing." --Roderick Haig-Brown

2. Likes mandotrout liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123