Spending more time with the Grandkids

srock

Reaction score
I do not know all of your situations but for me, my wife and I have started to watch our grandkids more and more to help them with work during this covid 19 pandemic. Its a lot of fun watching them, two boys, 8 and 5, but also a handful. Today, I took my grandkids out fishing and I had bought my 8 year old grandson a Redington classic trout rod at 8’6” 5 wt. On it a put an Orvis Battenkill 2. Long story short, he managed to catch 2 crappie and one bass today all by himself using a prince nymph I had tied. Boy was he proud and so was I. I can take covid 19 with moments and memories like this. SR

Attachments

jzim

Reaction score
I do not know all of your situations but for me, my wife and I have started to watch our grandkids more and more to help them with work during this covid 19 pandemic. Its a lot of fun watching them, two boys, 8 and 5, but also a handful. Today, I took my grandkids out fishing and I had bought my 8 year old grandson a Redington classic trout rod at 8’6” 5 wt. On it a put an Orvis Battenkill 2. Long story short, he managed to catch 2 crappie and one bass today all by himself using a prince nymph I had tied. Boy was he proud and so was I. I can take covid 19 with moments and memories like this. SR
Cool memory.

rusty 54

Reaction score
I envy you. My 11 and 7 year old grandsons are big time fishermen. My wife and I are still working with the public, so even though they live only 4 miles away, we are limiting contact. We go to the farm to walk and we have fished the pond a bit, but we make them stay 6 feet away and we never go in the house. Last evening, we went to the pond. I make them rig up themselves. The older one helps the little one. I have a mask, in case I need to get closer. It's better than nothing, but I'm ready to hug them as soon as I can!

JoJer

Reaction score
This time last year my wife and I bought a house with my son, DIL and their two boys 6 and 9. My DIL started a new job just as the emergency took off and is working from home. My son is furloughed. My wife became the school marm. Just now getting the weather to get them out for recess.