Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Simms L2 Waders

Default Simms L2 Waders

Does anyone have experience with these waders? Specifically,can you roll the top down to wear as waist-highs? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simms L2 Waders

pdq: I don't own a pair of simms waders but I did find this description on the tackledirect.com web site:
    Simms L2 Stockingfoots

L2 Stockingfoots, Simms entry-level wader, offers light weight, technical performance, excellent breathability and exceptional comfort at a great price.
    Adjustable elastic 1.5'' suspender with YKK non-locking buckles.
    Upper features 3.9 oz. lightweight Gore-Tex® XCR® micro fiber fabric for added breathability.
    Lower features polyester micro fiber fabric.
    3-layer Gore-Tex® Immersion® Technology fabric with reinforced knee.
    Flip-out, zippered chest pocket with key cord.
    Reinforced front leg panel.
    Gusseted crotch for increased range of motion.
    Patented built-in Guide Model Gravel Guards.
    Built-in belt loop.
    Easily convert to waist highs.
    Nylon wading belt and repair kit included.

I don't see the L2 model on the simms web site, it looks like for 2009 they have been replaced by the headwaters model, but not sure.

Larry

Thanks Larry. I checked their site and saw that, too. There wasn't any mention of ability to wear as waist-high on Cabela's site where they're on sale for $150. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by pdq 5oh View Post
    Does anyone have experience with these waders? Specifically,can you roll the top down to wear as waist-highs? Thanks.
    I have a pair of Simms L2s which serve as my "back up" waders, which, by the way, means today they are my primary waders while the main pair is off for a seam re-seal. The suspender clasps are such that the suspenders can be put around your waist and the suspender ends latched to each other forming a belt. IOW, yes, you can roll the top down around your waist and then pull the suspenders around your waist as a belt.

Is that what you hoped or are there suspenders out there that convert in a more elaborate manner?

There are waders that claim the ability to roll down to a waist-high. The L2s I wasn't sure about. How the suspenders work is of some concern as I don't want the waders to be excessively bulky around my waist, when rolled down. Even though these may be a good deal, I'm leaning more toward just getting waist-highs. Thanks for the response.