Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default SA PRO Air Cel Floating Line

Scientific Anglers™ Professional Series Air Cel™ Floating Fly Line:

Anyone ever used this line. You can pick up this line for around $25 and was thinking of giving it a try.

I'm going to be casting a lot of wooly buggers and larger flies so if anyone can recommend a better line that they like to use in the rivers please give me some advice. I would rather spend more money and get a line that works then a cheap line that will **** me off all day.

Default Re: SA PRO Air Cel Floating Line

well, i've been waiting for someone to answer... but since nothing yet, i'll just say i started fishing with an air cel line 30 years ago. i've suggested them to other beginners who wanted to save money. i'm sure they catch fish just fine. BUT, if you're tossing bigger bugs you might want to look for a line that is designed for bigger flies. it might make casting easier though i see the air cel has an immediate front belly which could prove helpful. maybe smeone will chime in with some direct experience.

rio's indicator line might be good, or their grand. any bass taper line would help casting bigger flies. SA's Headstart would be fine too. if you wanted to go premium that opens up even more choices but the others would save you being pissed off lol

eric
    fresno, ca.

Default Re: SA PRO Air Cel Floating Line

Scientific Anglers Ultra 4 is my personal fave.
    -Fish 'til ya Drop!-