Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: pontoon versus float tube

He, he, he sure sounds like it huh. No, just a very satisfied and very enthusiastic costumer.

Default Re: pontoon versus float tube

Personally, the Avenger is a boat that I hope to buy this spring. But some of these other boats have some great reasons to purchase as well.

It's like going into a great fly shop and only being allowed to buy one fly...aaagh

Dave

That Assult looks great. It must not be available. I couldn't find a price for it. Some good sale prices on some other Scaddens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    That Assult looks great. It must not be available. I couldn't find a price for it. Some good sale prices on some other Scaddens.
    Jimmie, third one down under frameless. (but I know you could do better than the MSRP, it's showtime)

davescadden2010catalog
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

would attaching short kayak oars onto the fishcat 4 deluxe be a bad idea.... i mean a handy person should be able to easily do something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by christianfishn View Post
    would attaching short kayak oars onto the fishcat 4 deluxe be a bad idea.... i mean a handy person should be able to easily do something like this?
    What are you going to do with your feet? With no foot bar, your feet and legs will be dragging in the water and oars will be just about useless. Next, what would be used for oarlocks?
    Float tubes have been around long enough now that just about every means and type of propulsion have been tried. So far NFO/Scadden is about the only one that has succeeded with the Outlaw Escape.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

I have one of each and find the tube more useful on prairie lakes that are typically windy. It is a V-Tube however, not a round one. I have had to walk my pontoon boat back home along the shoreline more than once in strong winds. I just find the tube more versatile and quicker to react in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234