Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: outfit for 5' fiance'

Default Re: outfit for 5' fiance'

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    I think the main point of the strap is to show you how well the cast works when the tip doesn't drop on the backcast, so that you can't help but notice how much it sucks the next time you drop the tip.

As info, I suggested a 8' rod for her because lacking wrist strength makes a 9' rod hard to cast. (I'm not calling your fiance' weak, just making an assumption based on you buying that strap.)

I'm not lacking the strength, but have some tendonitis/carpal tunnal issues, and thus sold my TFO 10' 5wt.
    Cliff and bloodhound- that wrist strap does nothing more that teach (for lack of a better word) muscle memory. Keeping the wrist straight with the tool and practicing casting is no different than putting training wheels on a kids bike. After practicing for a certain amount of time, you remove the training aid and you can either cast correctly or ride a bike.
    But don't use the JW wrist lock and learn to ride a bike at the same time.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Default Re: outfit for 5' fiance'

MOJO thats too funny,
    i am taking off work from the 9th of may to the 13th to give her some on water instruction on the root river and whitewater river of southeast MN.
    hoping the river is not high and muddy. allready tied her about 20 varients of the hares ear, and couple of wolly buggers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123