Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hi!everybody

Blog Entries

Default hi!everybody

Hi everybody,I'm new on this forum,I'm 56...57 next tuesday,I live in the south of France and I'm what we call here an "old hand".I flyfish all year long usually once a week for trout during the season,for chub or dace or other fish from september to march.I like fishing on dry or nymph "on sight" I prefer fast or pocket waters.I also go to Austria every summer where I guided groups some years ago,it's a real paradise for flyfishermen!I 've got some american rods,and Scotts are my favourite.I also tie my flies and nymphs and I trust in my special patterns.I hope to come to the states to spend a few weeks flyfishing ...but I don't know when...to be continued
    Last edited by jpbfly; 12-14-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: hi!everybody

Hello,

I don't know how to say hello in French but it's good to hear from my friends from Europe. It sounds by what you have told us that you are an accomplished fisherman, you may still find some useful information here on the forum.

In the States we have many technquics and products that you may not encounter in your fishing at home.

Welcome,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

3. Default Re: hi!everybody

Welcome to the group. I was in France mnay years ago when I was in the Navy, pretty country.
    Bear

jbbfly-

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see some pictures of the waters you fish and the flies you use---- and to hear some stories about fishing in France and Austria.

Best regards,

mark

Blog Entries

Thanks for your friendy welcome,I 'll send photos as soon as I understand how it works,stories...I' ve got some to tell you...you know now it's easy to find american products on the web,every week I put on my Simms vest and waders and take my favourite Scott....but for the reels and the flies...it's another story...hope to share things with you ...my wife promised to offer me a fishing trip to the us when she wins the bingo jackpot!

6. Default Re: hi!everybody

Welcome to the forum!!! Always good to see another member
    Welcome aboard
    I like organic chicken..... The kind with the capes still on 'em

7. Default Re: hi!everybody

RIGHT ON! Welcome jbbfly. Looking forward to your post and glad you found us here.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: hi!everybody

Welcome jbbfly,

Let us know where you are headed to when you come to the states....Oh, and Happy Birthday!!! I was 57 - once....

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

I managed to insert a photo at last....it's easier to use a flyrod than a mouse.
    I don't know where I'll be headed to ...thanks for your birthday greetings Planettrout !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast