Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Record

1. Default World Record

I had a question. Would you release a world record sized fish or would you kill it?

Default Re: World Record

release. without a second thought.

Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas

Tough call, the mount would be worth enough money, and i am poor enough that i might have to keep it. I would then sell the mount to cabela's or someplace like that.

I know that a taxidermist can do a mount just based off a picture, but i dont think that it would be worth as much money.

4. Default Re: World Record

If done right I belive you could get it verafied and released alive, with the rigth care and equipment. I think that for the IGFA if you have certafied scales and a witness you can realese it on sight. I mean if your in a stream up the high country or some place way out in the boonies it would not be posibale, it would be a tough call for me, but would most likely realese it.
    Bear

Blog Entries

I'd release it...I haven't killed a fish for years and can't do it anymore...I 'd keep that great moment in my "memories box"

Very few times will you see or hear of me killing a fish and if I do it has to be pretty much a survival situation so for me it would be released after a few good pics. Let it go and see how big it gets if someone else has as good of luck in catching it.
    Check out thew best page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/383970318419257/

7. Default Re: World Record

Well here we go....first of all let me say that I am a catch and release fisherman %95 of the time. I have no problem taking a trout home every now and then for dinner, but I RARELY do that.

If I caught a record fish I think I would mount it. Remember the question isn't just about a BIG fish, but a RECORD fish. If it is a record fish I think it would be a great accomplishment as a fisherman plus....if it is a record fish it is probably old and going to die soon anyway right??

8. Default Re: World Record

Quote Originally Posted by dorian.ducker View Post
    Well here we go....first of all let me say that I am a catch and release fisherman %95 of the time. I have no problem taking a trout home every now and then for dinner, but I RARELY do that.

If I caught a record fish I think I would mount it. Remember the question isn't just about a BIG fish, but a RECORD fish. If it is a record fish I think it would be a great accomplishment as a fisherman plus....if it is a record fish it is probably old and going to die soon anyway right??
    More then likley yes it will. Even if it lives another couple years, whats the chances of someone else catching the thing, it's not like world records get broke every year or so, hell most state rec. dont get broke to often

9. Default Re: World Record

it would be put back.

the top gun fish fought long and hard to get to be the biggest, probly longer and harder then i have fished. In my eyes it deserves to be let loose. its the king not me.

Quote Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
    release. without a second thought.
    Agree with rmooney. Measure it and have it cast as a fiberglass repro, if you'd like to be able to enjoy looking at the fish after the catch.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast